Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Delmar
Apex, North Carolina
“Fine”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was pleasant enough, although we didn't have enough pillows. In all fairness, we didn't ask for more, so I am not complaining about that. The price was reasonable and this was a good location for our purposes.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Sundogcomm,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Salisbury-Delmar. I appreciate you sharing your recent experience regarding your stay. We want our guests to feel at home. Please do not hesitate to let us know about additional pillows on your next stay. We would be delighted to have them in your room for your arrival. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anne Webster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you can't sleep well then a hotel is not worth it. The bed had a dead bug on it. There was hair all over it and the springs were busted. I probably would have been better off sleeping on the floor.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Pawly2011
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Pawly2011,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the bed prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to see your high score for Service. We do take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Delmar hotels

Delaware Road-Tripping Family
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Recently spent one night at the Holiday Inn Express near Salisbury.

Front desk service was fantastic! The college-age girl working was very friendly and switched my room from 2Q to 1K without a fuss. We had several other questions/needs during our stay and she helped us out each time with a smile on her face.

The room was large and mostly clean. Some minor cleaning issues -- dusty lampshade, greying grout, mysterious (pee?) floor stain near the toilet. Bed was hard. Room temperature was easy to control and quickly adjusted.

Breakfast was very well stocked and had a decent variety of hot & cold selections. Coffee was hot and fresh - the most important part for me!

Little things that bothered me ... the laundry room on the 3rd floor smelled awful, like old moldy clothes. The room is right next to the elevator so it was hard to escape the smell. Yuck. The paint in the hallways was also very sloppy. Paint marks on the ceiling, bad edges, etc. Silly thing, but very noticeable to someone like me who travels a lot.

Overall, average stay. Would stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear DEVikingsMom,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced with the housekeeping. We will follow up with the executive housekeeper to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We are pleased that our staff was able to off set this displeasure with great service. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to serve you in the future.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I know it has taken me forever to write this, seeing as I spent 2 nights at the end of September (27th-29th), but here is what I took away from my experience:

Pros:

Customer service was wonderful. The young man at night audit was pleasant, as was the woman on second shift checking me in (I believe it was Loretta). Lindsay (young lady working first shift, I believe she is the assistant manager) was an absolute delight and was very easy to talk to. I was new to the area so it was nice to hear some suggestions on things to look for in and see. Overall, she is probably the reason I felt more at home at the hotel! Room was comfy and clean, so no complaints there at all. Whole hotel seemed well-taken care of, so kudos to housekeeping for that.

Cons:

Breakfast was not very good (although Juliana, the woman serving breakfast was very kind), although I do understand that comes from corporate. Also, while it is not a huge deal, the paint job/scheme was not very good in the hotel. That made it seem a bit cheap, especially since it comes as such a stark contrast to the facade of the hotel, which seemed very nice. Those two things combined would be my only reason for rating the hotel 4/5 instead of 5/5.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay with no complaints. I should say that I was here on a trip to Ocean City since this is a much cheaper alternative to the hotels in OC about 35 minutes away.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Marcos H,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. We are delighted to read about your recent stay. Our hotel team takes pride in making each of our guests stay pleasant. We are always striving to find ways to improve our guest’s experience. Please let us know if we can be of assistance on any future reservations.

Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

This was my second time staying at this particular Holiday Inn Express. Both times were so I could attend the NASCAR race in Dover. This is about an hour away from Dover without the high price of staying closer. The price was right, room was very clean and the staff was friendly. Checking in was effortless. My friends and I had no problem with breakfast service in the morning.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 12 October 2013
Dear dclewis,

Thank you for continuing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us over the years. We always look forward to your return. Please let us know when we can assist with your next reservation.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My experience Was bad the first day, my room was already paid by my company. But hotel still ask me to paid for the first night. Went for breakfast the hotel attendant took food off the rack while guest were self servicing themselves. She turned off the dispenser For the juice and to me we are closed. For two days there was no management Onsite to assist. This location has poor customer service. And to top it off they owe me money for the first night, and said it would 3 business days For a refund. But took my cash.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank davetur
annewwebster, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear Davetur,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites. I apologize about the experience that you had during your check in. Our facility welcomes all leisure and business travel. We do have a requirement for our travelers that will be having someone else providing payment. We require a form to be sent prior to our guest’s arrival. If we do not have the form provided before check in, we require the guest that will be checking into the hotel to provide payment. If payment is made other than by credit card, a refund will be sent via mail to the address provided to whom the payment was made within 3 business days of the transaction. This assists the hotel in having proper documentation. Once again, we appreciate you choosing to stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
Sincerley,

Gilbertsville,Pa.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Myself and I friend booked 3 nights during Bike Fest in Delmar. I have stayed at other HIE in the past with never a problem. This was the first time something had not gone smoothly. First off we were booked arriving Thurs afternoon and checking out on Sun. The weather looked questionable earlier in the week to ride down on Thurs so our group going decided to cancel the first night so we could leave Fri when the weather would be better. When we called to cancel our Thurs night reservation (prior to 24 hr notice) we were told we still had to pay for the room due to the on line booking it was done through. But the room was NOT booked on line it was done through the 800# for Holiday Inn. Trying to explain this it was to no avail, we still would be responsible for that night. So myself, and friend decided that if we had to pay for it we would be in it one way or another! So we lucked out and the weather held out until later and we made it without incident.
Once checked in the room was clean and spacious but what we didn't know that out room was adjacent to the fitness room! Needless to say at 5:30 am the next morning we were awoken to someone running on the treadmill and the TV blasting right next to our heads! We complained and asked to be moved but were told there were no other rooms available. That same night (Fri) at about 9:30-10:00 pm we could hear the TV again in the other room. We went over and found no one there and the TV up FULL VOLUME! So needless to say we turned it off.
After returning from being out most of the afternoon we also found that one of the key cards did not work and had to go back to the desk to have it fixed. This happened to BOTH key cards EVERY time we left the room! Only upon checkout were we told that they would check the lock that there could be a problem. REALLY???? NOW you're going to check after we had gone to the front desk at least 8 times over the course of our stay!
We barely got an apology from anyone and at one point the person seemed annoyed with us since we were there so many times with the key cards!
I'm really not sure if I will stay there again but if I do I really hope for a better experience!

Dear Ghosthuntgirl,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Delmar, MD. I appreciate the feedback that you have provided. We I am delighted to read that you had a great time a bike fest, I am saddened to read that you had an un-enjoyable stay at our hotel. I have shared your comments with our hotel team; so that we may be able provide better accommodations to all of our future guests. Thank you again.

Anne Webster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Delmar
Hampton Inn Salisbury
#2 of 14 in Salisbury
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Salisbury
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury

Been to Holiday Inn Express Salisbury-Delmar? Share your experiences!