“My most visited”

Price range: US$6 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Argentinian, Pizza, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Ruddy Duck is a vibrant space that pairs artisan crafted food and beer delivered with passion
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Consistently good food & craft beer. Friendly staff, as well. Best value in the region keeps me coming back.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We ended up at this one when we found out the one next to our hotel is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. We had the onion rings appetizer which was very good. I had chicken and penne and my boyfriend had the crab cakes. Mine was good, but I could get something like that anywhere. My boyfriend said his was very, very good. it was trivia night, so it was loud, but I expected it to be like that. My boyfriend had two of the beers as well and said they were very good. Our waitress, whose name I can't remember, was what made the dinner so much better. She'd take the time to stop and chat with us and didn't seem to be in a rush. It was nice.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

If you want good pizza and good micro-brewed beer, this is the place to go in Calvert County. The restaurant is spacious and the decor is great. Brew facilities on site and the beer is excellent. Wide variety of live entertainment offered throughout the week.

Pizza's are excellent! Many varieties and for those who crave good brick oven thin/chewy crust pizza will be pleased. There are many other items that are worth while trying such as the short rib platter, the beer brats and the fish tacos. For appetizers try the empanadas, the tuna, and the calamari. Prices are reasonable and the serving sizes are more than adequate. I need to try more stuff on their menu but I tend to gravitate to the pizza selection (the mushroom pizza and the mediterranean are my favorites).

Stay away from any chicken dishes...not sure why but they can't cook chicken (we've attempted several times but it's always over cooked). Wait staff is hit or miss....you sometimes have to track down your server for a refill on your beer.....

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Outstanding food, service, drink and atmosphere. A must do when in the area . Across from Hilton Garden. Prices are very good for the area.

1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 4 March 2014

A party of 6 and 2 were children. The atmosphere was a pub like comfortable feel. Everyone had something different and there were compliments all around. Had the steak sandwich, pizza, tuna appetizer, duck spring rolls, Cajun fish and steak dinner. The onion rings and mashed potatoes were also very good. I'm not an adventuresome beer drinker but for those in the group who were there were plenty to choose from. Our waitress was very friendly and professional.