“Go with the pizza - skip everything else!”
Review of Mamma Lucia

Mamma Lucia
Ranked #9 of 17 Restaurants in Dunkirk
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Dameron, Maryland
“Go with the pizza - skip everything else!”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Mamma Lucia's consistently makes a very good pizza! Not sure why the rest of the items on their menu are'nt up to par with the quality of their pizza? This place has been here for quite some time now. I believe the only reason they are still in business is the fact that the pizza's are so good. They would'nt be around still if it were'nt for that. Atmosphere is your typical Italian restaurant variety. Waitress was very nice, but not over bearing. I'd definitely go again - only for pizza though!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mako13Man

Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Destroyed my favorite Italian meal”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We are spoiled by some fantastic Italian restaurants in Montgomery County; so Mama Lucia's does not hold a candle to them. I had the most slippery, limp eggplant parmagiana there! I always hesitate to return to any Mama Lucia's.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Marilyn M
Sunderland, Maryland
“A Tiny Taste of Italy with Southern Maryland Charm”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We visited on a Monday evening and were very pleased with the facility, the food and most especially the staff. We met the owner and our server (Kristen) was outstanding. The entire visit was pleasurable and we will return in the furture. Currently they are expanding the facility to provide even more room to enjoy "A Tiny Taste of Italy with Sourthern Maryland Charm".

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Tndist
Owings, Maryland
“Mama Lucia's, now better than ever!”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Our family decided to go out for dinner last night. We haven't been to Mama Lucia's in quite some time. We found out the restaurant had been renovated recently, with a second dining room, which was very nice. They have very large tv screens in there which give it a sports bar feel...but nicer. I had the best meal ever there with the chef's special - stuffed pork chop. It was a very delicious and juicy pork chop which reminded me of Cordon Bleu. The sauteed mushrooms and vegetables on top were delightful and tasty. This dish, while a bit pricy, satisfied me even though I could only eat half of it! Leftover's! Anyway, everyone one was quite satisfied with their meals. The wait staff was wonderful and I tipped 20%, which I understand is pretty much standard now. By the way, we went on a Friday night, the restaurant was quite busy, and the service was very good!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank macfanmd
tracys landing
“Terrible lasagna, good pizza”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Just took my family for dinner there for the last time way overpriced in my opinion 14 dollars for a mixed drink! the lasagne was terrible and watery, the pizza is consistently good so I will stay a carry out customer from now on.

• Visited December 2012