Miles River Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We were treated like family and thoroughly enjoyed our hosts. It was very evident that Mr. Howard earnestly hoped that we enjoyed the guest house, Easton, and our vacation. He made lots of helpful suggestions regarding the area. Special attention was given to our 11 year old son. We especially appreciated this courtesy given that many guest houses and B & Bs don't even allow children. The pool area, backyard, and westward view of the Miles River were beautiful. We enjoyed the osprey, herons and resident mallards. We stayed four days at the Miles River Guest House and enjoyed each one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 3peripatetics
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Tucked into a quaint corner of the Chesapeake Bay Water Basin is a gem of a guest house, My boyfriend and I took a long weekend to celebrate his birthday and it was perfect ! Within minutes of both Easton and St. Michaels MD, fhe Miles River Guest House welcomed us with open arms. It is a beautiful property surrounded by calm waters, waterfowl,and amazing sunsets. We dined on Cheseapeake Oysters, visited the Maritime Museum and had Smith Island Cake for dessert. WIll and Dorothy were gracious hosts and a source of information and genuine warmth. I can't say enough good things about this property especially if you are looking to unwind, unplug, and decompress. While we had a romantic getaway the property could easily accomodate a family. Definitely worth the trip !

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecfiner
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from our third, most needed, and most extended stay this year and can't wait to go back. We stayed for our second New Year's in a row and then President's Weekend which included a fabulous on site massage by a wonderful therapist. The massage melted my stress away and got our 3 day holiday a great start. Perks went on to include a thoughtful and delicious Smith island cake for my B-day as well as the usual fresh fruit, breakfast pastries, and heartier breakfast items. We were well taken care of as we always are.

While there my husband mentioned my upcoming knee and foot surgery and I wondered how I was going to manage our 3 level townhouse afterwards. It was suggested that this would be a good place to recover and use the new airy bedroom that they just put in on the main level with a bathroom located right next to it. So, we came back last week straight after the surgery. The hour and a half drive was well worth it. Honestly, I don't know how I would have coped at home. Even now its difficult navigating the townhouse. The owners graciously allowed us to extend our stay at the last minute for an extra night. We ended up staying 5 nights and every one was a much needed step, no pun intended, in my recuperation. I will never be able to thank the kind owners enough for all they did to accommodate us.

The new ground floor bedroom is a DREAM!! Its new king-size bed and crisp linens were VERY comfortable and the best part is that there is a new window directly across so you can lie in bed and get a great view of the Miles River and its gorgeous soothing sunsets. The new bedroom includes a flatscreen tv as well. The tasteful decor of beautiful photos and artwork had me floating by air and sea. Very relaxing and just the tonic I needed after the op. We feel honored to have christened the new bedroom. As I told friends, surgery isn't fun, but if you have to be ill or in pain, this is the place to recover. You couldn't ask for more considerate hosts, Will and Dorothy, who make sure you feel at home, more amenities (How many places have their own jukebox and bar?), or a more beautiful, peaceful location on Maryland's Eastern Shore, healing both mind and body.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2011

What a lovely guest house this is! We were so comfortable and relaxed while we were there; the hosts, Will and Dorothy Howard, were gracious and did all they could to accomodate us. The house itself is nicely furnished (good beds!) with everything to make your vacation special; the owners added a vintage jukebox and arcade game (both free play!) which provided some extra entertainment for us. Additionally, there is a two person kayak and canoe for the guests to use; we absolutely loved taking the kayak out on the beautiful Miles River. The view is very special there on the point (sunsets are incredible) and are enjoyed from the pool area or from the bench at the end of the dock. The Howards made sure we had a fully stocked refrigerator for breakfasts and were happy to fill our special requests. Our hosts made several dinner reservations for us while we were there and made several recommendations that were spot on! Bottom line: we will most certainly be repeat guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlmgeo
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We spent a glorious relaxing weekend at the Miles River Guest house, which was incredibly warm and inviting. Our hosts were lovely, very engaging and quite interesting. You will be hard pressed to find a more spacious and comfortable get-a-way. We spend lots of time exploring, but couldn't wait to get back to the comfort of this B&B. I highly recommend this B&B, with the views of the Miles River, both from the 'house' and the pier. This one requires a re-do!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple