“Miles River Paradise”

Miles River Guest House
Ranked #4 of 5 Easton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2009

This was a wonderful bed and breakfast located right on the water with beautiful views and sunsets. The house was cozy and warm and had all the amenities we needed - especially fun was the old time jukebox with many great tunes. It got lots of play time!! The innkeepers were absolutely fabulous - catering to our every need and then some. They were there for suggestions of places to eat and sights to see - all of which were wonderful choices. Since we left two dogs of our own at home, it was great to have Murphy, the innkeeper's yellow lab, around to enjoy. We would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to those who want a peaceful place to relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sara2002

Reviewed 21 September 2009

This is a really nice place. The living room has lots of fun things for kids, such as a juke box and computer games. The bedrooms are very comfortable and nicely furnished, and the two bathrooms are huge. There was a lovely view of the river with canoes and kayaks for taking out and a swing chair for just relaxing under the trees. The owners are very nice and helpful. This is terrific value for the money, and we were sorry to leave.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2009

From time to time, we feel the need to 'get away' ... but not too far. Recently, we found the perfect place to go. The 'Miles River Guest House' is on a delightful creek of the river, between Easton and St. Michael's. Turning off on a tranquil road with a cluster of horse farms and some beautiful gardens, we arrived at what appeared on first sight to be a small house in park-like grounds ... but the house too is large when seen from the riverside. The guest house sits alongside the main house and flanks one side of the attractive swimming pool. It looks out onto the garden facing west and a breathtaking stretch of the Miles River.
The guest house is spacious, comfortable and well-furnished, with a fascinating collection of memorabilia from the family's life. From the large open-plan room on the ground floor with French windows on the pool and garden sides, some easy stairs lead to a superb bedroom suite that occupies the whole of the second floor. There is a small second bedroom on the ground floor, together with a second roomy bathroom.
The well-kept pool encourages you to sit or swim as an elegant bronze goose ('Lucy') doubles as a fountain and keeps you company with its 'water music.' There are lovely plantings all around, with chairs, umbrellas and a garden seat from which to enjoy a sweep of lawn down to the tree-lined river and a dreamy view of the setting sun.
Last but by no means least, we were sensitively and quietly cosseted by the warmth, charm, and indeed love of our host and hostess, Will and Dorothy Howard. We have already planned to return. Why should we travel - we are 'almost there.'

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2009

My wife and I spent a lovely weekend at the Miles River Guest House in Easton MD. The Owners, the Howards, are perfect hosts. The B & B has a magnificant view, the town is friendly and our weekend was fabulous. We will come back

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My wife and I went to the Miles River Guest House for our anniversary. We had a relaxing and refreshing time. It was sooooo peaceful and the water views are wonderful.
I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2008

I made a reservation at the Miles River Guest House with plans to propose to my girlfriend of three years. I had hoped to book a two night stay, but schedule permitting, I was only able to stay for one night. And, I have to say, that following our brief stay on this piece of Eastern Shore paradise, my only regret is that we couldn't extend our stay through the next week.

Our gracious hosts, Will and Dorothy Howard, made every effort to accomodate me in my special requests to arrange for flowers and champagne to be available upon our arrival. Will also arranged a particular highlight of our visit--the couples massage, given by Natalie-who's gentle touch and friendly demeanor will put anyone to ease on the massage table.

We later had dinner at a local Easton restaurant (the reservation was made for us prior to arrival by the hosts) and the dining experience was unparalleled.

The next morning we awoke to a beautiful sunrise on the Miles Creek and took the canoe out for a paddle (also free of charge to the guests). Breakfast consisted of fresh cut fruit and tasty pastries from a local bakery.

Overall, our experience far exceeded any expectations we could have had for our time at the Miles River Guest House. I feel that it provides all the perks of a private rental, but with the unobtrusive presence of very knowledgeable and friendly hosts, who make your satisfaction their top priority. I can't say enough good things about this place and would be willing to bet after a sunset massage by the pool, you will likely agree...

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank seanpr1182
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My fiancé and I have had the most wonderful experiences at the Miles River Guest House on multiple occasions. We first stayed at the Guest House in 2006 for a short get-away on a Thursday and Friday. After experiencing the warmth and hospitality of the proprietors, along with the breathtaking views and cozy rooms, we brought additional family to the Guest House and extended our stay through the entire weekend. Our memories from those four days are frequently discussed and for my girlfriend’s birthday this year (and surprise marriage proposal) I again chose Easton as our destination. The proprietors added romantic touches to the House, arranged for excursions and dinner reservations, and again showed sincere thoughtfulness for their guests. When I walked my girlfriend out on the pier at sunset I could not imagine a more romantic and memorable setting to ask for her hand in marriage. I had looked for an unforgettable location or event to pop the question and my thoughts kept returning to the Miles River. To the Howard’s, my deepest heartfelt thanks for making this moment so special.

Now, for a more analytical review: We have stayed at a number of different locales and the Guest House is by far the most serene. You are the Guest, no adjacent rooms, no other “one-of-a-kind” bungalows; The House is yours and yours alone. During both of our stays we felt as if we were staying at our own private resort or vacation home. The proprietors respect your privacy and yet have always been available when called. They have lived in the area for many decades and know the hidden treasures, the best spots for tourism and leisure, or who to call for a quick cruise on the Bay or a hard-to-get reservation in St. Michaels. Mr. Howard made the bulk of the arrangements for our “engagement” stay and he could not have been more attentive.

The House itself is spacious enough to comfortably hold 4-6 people, the kitchen and dining areas are well appointed with fine china settings and enough cookware to prepare a meal if you desire, and a gas grill sits just off the patio. The living areas are warm and inviting, beautifully decorated with memorabilia, and a testament to the life the proprietors have led. HD satellite is available though we used it only once during our stay. The outdoor areas are perfect for family or couples as the pool is gorgeous and spotlessly maintained, the swing fun as well as romantic, and the pier offers a view of the River seen only by a select few. If you enjoy fishing or crabbing the pier is a great spot and the crabs in particular are especially sweet.

We’ve paid both the weekend and weekday rate and I’d have to say the value of either is better than any other vacation spot we’ve stayed at. Although it seems I’ve been gushing for the entire review, there are so few downsides that we experienced during our stays that I would indeed have to nitpick to come up with a criticism. Tops all around, highly recommended, and we truly look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
St. Michaels Inn
#6 of 9 in Easton
Tidewater Inn
Tidewater Inn
#5 of 9 in Easton

Been to Miles River Guest House? Share your experiences!