“Lovely owners; great access to Easton”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Easton
John S. McDaniel House
Ranked #5 of 5 Easton B&B and Inns
“Lovely owners; great access to Easton”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Two friends and I stayed here Thurs. to Sat. The owners couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. They gave us terrific tips on things to do in the area (Capt. Wade on his skipjack, the Rebecca, in St.Michael's--entertaining and very informative). The breakfast menu was varied; she obviously had taken great care to fix interesting, less-common fare. Since this B&B is on a main street in Easton, everything was within walking distance. Perfect! Only set-back was trouble accessing the Wi-Fi, but for some, that may be a selling point!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank pemaquid09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Easton, MD
Reviewed 11 August 2010

Family can you join for a scrumptious and generous breakfast. Innkeeper is lovely, dedicated person and very accommodating. Parking by the house. Two blocks to all the downtown activities. This is a second excellent visit.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I had come to Easton to see the Easton Plein Air Event and was greeted by the Inn keeper of the McDaniel House, MaryLou, who then conducted a grand tour of this beautiful establishment. The room where I was staying was wonderfully furnished and had great ambiance and warmth. Each breakfast was delicious, nutritious and beautifully presented in the dinning room. Every meal was served with loving pride and accompanied by great conversation with the owner. During the week, temperatures soared into the high 90's+ and, to my delight, there was always an ample supply of bottled water available for the guests. Having signed up to participate in a workshop at the Easton Art School, MaryLou offered me a student rate - which I thought was the proverbial icing on the cake! All in all, I could not have asked for more! (Thank you for a wonderful experience, ML, and hope to see you again, soon!)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RoxanneNaydan
DC
Reviewed 31 May 2010

The food was amazing, from the warm croissants to the asparagus pie to the apple tartin. We loved the extras - towel warmers, bath salts, claw-footed tub, cozy bed, fluffy towels, complimentary snacks and sodas. And one of the few family friendly B&Bs: a toddler bed for our son, a cradle for our daughter and placed upstairs in a huge room we weren't worried about disturbing other guests. All in all we had a wonderful trip and look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 May 2010

10 friends with bicycles stayed a long weekend and found the B&B outstanding. Breakfasts were both unusual and tasty. During the day we rode our bicycles on quiet back roads. At night we walked to excellent restaurants at our host's recommendations. In addition Easton is a very interesting town and the McDaniel House is within walking distance to everything. Even the bike path is only a block away!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 September 2009

My husband and I had the opportunity to have a get-away weekend, and we were so happy with our experience with The John S. McDaniel house. The historical Victorian house was renovated, and I was quite pleased that the character and charm of the home was intact with the remodel. The rooms were warm and inviting, and completely immaculate. The beds were SO comfortable. And the bathroom, had a soak tube andEspace that was soothing.
The owner, Mary Lou, was very welcoming. Her cooking was amazing. We have been in bed and breakfasts before, where the breakfast consists of danishes. We were pleasantly surprised to be greeted with a beautiful homemade breakfast that satisfied us until the evening. My husband is still talking about it.
Mary Lou was very helpful with telling us about the town and attractions. Restaurants and shops were within walking distance. Mainstreet in Easton is quaint and charming, and experienced a wonderful dinner in town.
I highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is going to Easton, MD. The rooms are less expensive then a hotel, and the amenities surpassed any other hotel or B&B that we have stayed in.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leighchalm
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2009

I came to Easton as part of my driving tour of Maryland's Eastern Shore, so this B&B became a wonderful base for my travels in the region. Mary Lou was a great conversationalist and told me interesting stories about the house itself, as its earliest owners were some of the Eastern Shore's most prominent people. Breakfasts were also very yummy and included a fruit dessert. My room was also an attraction of its own, not just because of its huge bathroom, but also because the bedroom was decorated with a nice wedding dress. Considering that I have some business in the area, I'll probably return in the near future.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Hampton Inn Easton
Fairfield Inn & Suites Easton
Oxford Inn
Oxford Inn
#1 of 1 in Oxford

Been to John S. McDaniel House? Share your experiences!