Bishop's House Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Easton
See available hotels
View Hotel
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bevery morninggourmet breakfastwalking distancesodasvictorianfireplacewhirlpool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My wife and I stayed for three nights over Labor Day 2012. We stayed in the Sunrise Room on the third floor. The whole experience was wonderful. The owners go out of their way to provide many small touchs that other B&Bs do not, like complmentary cold beverages and snacks, ice machine, small refrigerators in each room, access to a microwave, and wine in the evening, just to name a few. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious, with plenty to eat. You can skip lunch easily. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: We peeked in the unoccupied rooms; they all look very nice. Second and third floor rooms. None on the first floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed two nights in August 2012. Bishop's House is in a neighborhood of historic-looking houses a couple of blocks from downtown Easton. The decor includes an impressive collection of antique hats, dishes, and many other historical objects. It's very cozy and there are many places to sit and read, play games, listen to music, etc... In the main living room downstairs, they had available bike maps of the area, restaurant menus, games, lemonade, and wine. Across the hall were the breakfast room and another sitting room with a computer for internet access, many magazines, and the daily Washington Post and local paper. There is another sitting room on the third floor (top floor) with a fridge, microwave, wine cooler, snacks and drinks like water and soda. All of these sitting areas were unoccupied most of the time we were there, so they were great places to spend some quiet time. Lots of books, DVDs, and CDs available throughout the house, and many interesting objects to look at. There were several chairs and a porch swing on the wrap-around porch, but we found the mosquitoes to be persistent in the evenings so didn't sit there.

We stayed in the Sunrise room, which had a very comfortable bed and bathroom nearly as large as the bedroom. It was cheery, with Shirley Temple decorations and a beautiful orchid on one of the dressers. The air conditioning was fantastic- separate remote controls for the bedroom and bathroom, and it stayed nice and cool despite being extremely hot and humid outside! The bathroom also had special edge lighting with a dimmer around the ceiling, as well as plenty of candles in the room and bathroom. There was a two-person tub with jacuzzi jets (very spacious), although we found the jets to be ineffective and pretty loud, so we didn't keep them on. The tub was very pleasant as a bubble-bath, and two types of bath foam were provided. The shower had extra sprays below the shower head that could be turned off and on and re-aimed. There were some rubber duckies next to the tub, and as it was my husband's birthday, a birthday rubber ducky showed up next to the tub on our second day!

It was obvious that the owners had tried to think of anything that guests might need or want and provide those, so there were things like a power squid, ipod charger/speakers, DVD player, makeup remover pads, face wash, q-tips and cotton swabs, lighter for candles, etc in the room. There was even a mini-fridge next to the tub with cold water bottles, a coffee maker, and glasses for wine. They were trying out some new pillows, filled with buckwheat hulls, that were hypoallergenic, which I appreciated as I am an allergy sufferer. Regular pillows were also included on the bed. They have bicycles that you can borrow and they provide bike locks, helmets, and water with ice and lemon in bike bottles. The bikes are mountain bikes and not extremely comfortable, but they are well-maintained.

The breakfast menu was made available the day before. Breakfast was served at 9 AM, with a table for each couple in the breakfast room. It was very good, although definitely too much food! Each breakfast included juice, coffee or tea, a fruit cup (different fruits each day, very fresh and well-chosen), an egg dish (scrambled eggs and a special shirred egg with brie and cream on the days we were there- really enjoyed the shirred egg!), a bread dish (french toast and puffed blueberry pancakes), a meat (sausage and bacon), and large muffins (chocolate and cream cheese). They wrapped the muffins up for us to take as snacks both days. Coffee was available from 8 AM. I am a tea drinker, so they brought a selection of tea bags to the table and then brought a warmed mug with lid and a teapot with my teabag of choice and two or three cups' worth of hot water, as well as a pot of honey.

Room Tip: Sunrise room- comfy bed, fun tub, and you'll hear the birds sing in the AM
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Taylor C
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Bishops House is a wonderful b&b. My wife and I have been going to B&B's as our preferred place to stay for over 20 years. What a great joy to find one that is so well run. Our room was clean spacious and had all the amenities you could wish for. OK maybe an elevator since it was on the 3rd floor but then if we wanted that we would be staying in hotels.

Diane and her staff has mastered the art and craft of operating a B&B. They couldn't be more helpful or accomodating. Every little detail has been thought of and the breakfasts were out of this world. So much food that you can't finish everything. I just finished breakfast at home and had one of their delicious muffins that they carefully wrapped up and put in a paper bag to take with us. I would recommend this B&B to everyone.

Room Tip: The rooms with in-suite bathrooms are preferred,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2012

This is the first time that my husband and I have stayed at a B&B. The Bishop's House is a very nice place. We stayed on the 3rd floor. Very clean, cozy, well decorated room with a completely updated private bath. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and the owners amicable. Historic downtown Easton is a short walk away. We really enjoyed it, wouldnt change a thing about it!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank leftcoastluv
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I wanted to get away for the New Years Eve weekend with in a reasonable driving distance of our home in Philadelphia and were looking for a quieter more laid back celebration. We had booked our dinner at one of the other B&B's in town but couldn't get room reservations, so stayed at the BIshop's House. Our room was in the front of the house. It was charming with a king size bed and working fireplace. However, the street noise was surprising loud. We did enjoy the nice Jacuzzi tub. The breakfasts were extremely large. I skipped the second days and my husband brought upstairs some muffins and tea for me to enjoy. The house is within easy walking distance to most everything in town.
On New Years Eve, the hostess set out a split of sparkling wine and some chocolate candies in each guest room. I thought that was a nice touch.
See my review on Bartlett Pear for dinner that night. Also a B&B

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple