“First Class”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Amelia Court House, Virginia
“First Class”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This is the nicest Hampton Inn that we have stayed and would rate as one of the best of all that we have stayed. The staff was very friendly and professional. The five o clock cookies are a nice touch. JPW

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeff S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
johnwD4389WX,

Thank you for sharing your stay experience here on Trip Advisor and very pleased we exceeded your expectations. I will share your comments with my team and hope to welcome you back again soon. We love sharing our cookies with the guests.

Jeff Schneider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Washington DC
Reviewed 19 May 2014

First off I will say that I would like to give this hotel 3.5 stars but gave them 4 because overall, everything was not a huge deal, just personal preferences. I stayed here for the Saint Michael's Half Marathon. Upon check-in I was greeted and helped as soon as someone was available. The young woman I was taken care by was polite and mentioned I was a Gold member. However, at the same time, the manager, Patrick, looked over her shoulder and mentioned out loud how many points I had and made a snarky comment about "travel much" which I thought was totally unprofessional. Then I mentioned how I needed at 1 hour later check out, "No can do" said Patrick. I told him how I spoke with Steven and he said I could since I would need to come back after running to shower before my long drive home. Patrick said "I have had 40 people already ask, OK FINE" and then he tells the girl to add it to my account and that no one else gets late checkout. So, that was a bit unpleasant. I was kindly reminded about he coffee and the cookies at 5pm by the nice young girl. Also that the breakfast starts at 6am until 10am (so there was no way for me to get food before OR after my run). The hotel only has 4 levels, I was in 314. It was spacious, a king, facing the back alley and my "view" was of a cluttered backyard of someones house. The room was not cluttered however needs some paint work as the cosmetic scratches are very noticeable. The bathroom only had a shower, no tub and had a good amount of mold in ceiling cracks. I did go to a local pasta joint to get dinner since they have no food on location for dinner. I did pick up a warm cookie for dessert, no milk was out. Other than the thin walls (or maybe the person next to me talked really loud), I had a very good nights rest. The bed, thank goodness, was firm and comfortable. In the morning on my way out the breakfast had just began, so I had to bypass it. When I got back to the room I quickly showered and only needed 15 minutes of my "extra hour." On my way out Patrick had just got in and seemed to be in a better mood and even asked how my runs was. The two new women working the desk were very nice as well and one even got me some skim milk for my to-go coffee. So, in the end, I would probably stay here again, especially if only for one quick night, not for longer. I would have loved for them to offer the breakfast either earlier or a little later to accommodate the numerous runners staying with them. And I hope Patrick was having an off evening, as I don't think I would tolerate professionalism like that again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jeff S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Easton, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Min76,

Thank you for sharing your experience we value our guests opinions and constructive criticism. Thank you for bringing to our attention the deficiencies of your guest room, we immediately addressed them. While I would like to say we are always on top of guest room maintenance sometimes we learn of issues from our guests. As a Hilton Honors member we value your loyalty to the brand, in reviewing your TripAdvisor posts I see it is your preference and we appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed the St. Michaels running festival experience. It is a great event that has grown exponentially in the 3 short years it has been in existence.

I agree with offering breakfast earlier for this event and plan to do so next year. Honestly we were taken by surprise by the number of runners staying with us this year. We did provide fresh fruits, pastries, and yogurt early in hopes of accommodating those leaving prior to 6:00 am. When we know of this type of need with other events we do make operational adjustments. I am happy you enjoyed the Olive Garden for dinner and our cookies. We have recently stopped offering the milk, it is available upon request, as we found we were wasting 80% of what we put out.

I am sorry you perceived Patrick as "snarky". In speaking with him this was not his intent but rather he was looking to acknowledge your Hilton loyalty and amount of travel you do. As far as commenting on your HHONORS points he finds many guests don't keep close track and are surprised at the number they have accumulated when he brings it up in conversation. I am pleased you found our front desk team polite and very nice.

We do work to accommodate guests requests for later check out times when possible. As a seasoned traveler you understand the challenge trying to meet the needs of guests arrival for check-in time of 3 pm when a large contingent of guests needs an extended check out time.

You are correct the hotel has 4 floors we are a smaller property in the Hampton brand, the market would not support anything larger. At 74 rooms more than 4 floors is not necessary and Easton zoning does not allow buildings higher than 5 floors, this is in keeping with the historic character of the area. The property is a newer prototype in the Hampton family ( 7 years old) which offers a mix of room and bathroom configurations. Our double queen rooms offer the bathtub shower combination and our king rooms offer the walk in shower which many guests prefer. We selected a room for you on the back of the hotel as it is farther from the traffic noise of route 50 and provided you with the room type and floor of your request. Based on the property the hotel sits on we are limited with the view we can offer and of course we cannot pick our neighbors.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The hotel and the room itself were both super clean and well-appointed. The beds are SO COMFORTABLE, I almost wished I could take mine home with me. Front desk staff is very helpful and willing to provide you with anything you might have forgotten free of charge. Definitely looking forward to my next stay here.

1 Thank Britany B
Hi Briney B,

I am pleased you found he hotel and the room both super clean and well-appointed, and the beds are SO COMFORTABLE, you almost wished you could take mine home. My Team takes great pride in providing a great experience to new friends when they stay with us. I will share your comments, they love to hear when they make an impression. We too are definitely looking forward to your next stay here.

Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Patrick and the staff at Hampton Inn Easton go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. They have accommodated our organization now for at least 5 years. They are willing to work with our group and meet our needs. They are willing to be flexible and work with our requests. We receive quality customer service from the time we make reservations to the time we check out. Staff are knowledgeable and friendly, a rare combination anymore. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast is amazing!

1 Thank Mellisa C
Dear Mellisa C,

I am happy were able to be a host hotel to Movable Feast again this year. Thanks for acknowledging the effort of Patrick and the staff for going above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. It is great we were able to develop a better check in process off site for the group.. We look forward to working with you again next year to help make the ride successful.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

stayed here during a 140mile bike ride fundraiser. hotel provided convenient checkin at dinner location - so i was able to walk straight to room upon arrival. clean, cozy, bright w/all the necessary amenities. bed was wonderful. yummy breakfast. great customer service. thank you! would def stay here again and highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank 884mariad
884mariad,

It was great to welcome your group again this year, we look forward to your return each spring. Movable Feast is a great organization offering much needed service to your community. I am happy we were able to develop a better way to serve your check in experience than standing in line at the front desk after your long day. I appreciate your sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again,

Middletown, Delaware
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

The Hampton Inn in Easton is a beautiful hotel. The town and hotel have great character. The hotel has beautifully appointed rooms and the staff's hospitality was warm and inviting. The hotel was extremely well maintained, spotless and clean. Our stay ended with delicious Belgium waffles! We had an awesome stay. Thank you Hampton Inn!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LindaDMiddletownDE
Hello Linda D,

Great to hear you had an awesome stay with us and enjoyed the community. It is certainly a great area to visit with great history as well as magnificent restauarants and boutiques. We appreciate you sharing your comments with others seeking TripAdvisor for help in selecting a hotel. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I stayed here for business and was happy with the stay. Having stayed at many Hampton's, this was one of the nicer ones. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room was large and clean. Exercise room is small and without free weights, but the YMCA is close and they give Hampton guests free passes.

Dear bcs1973,

Thank you for staying with us this past week. I am pleased you found our staff very friendly and accommodating, they truely enjoy making our guests feel welcome. Thank you for acknowledging the cleanliness of our rooms, I am forturnate to have a terrific housekeeping team. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our community.

Jeff Schneider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
Best Western Plus Easton Inn & Suites
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Quality Inn Easton
Quality Inn Easton
#6 of 9 in Easton

Been to Hampton Inn Easton? Share your experiences!