Days Inn Easton
Holiday Inn Express Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$123
Hampton Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$149
Hampton.com
Quality Inn Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$170
US$136
US$131
BestWestern.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Easton(Easton)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$147
St. Michaels Inn(St. Michaels)
US$99
US$95
St. Michaels Harbour Inn, Marina & Spa(St. Michaels)(Great Value!)
US$309
US$274
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Let's start with the good stuff. The rates were great, especially when compared with some of the other motel chains in the area. The location was reasonable and convenient: a few miles outside the town of Easton The desk clerk was efficient, friendly, and welcoming. The lobby had a good number of tourist brochures and fliers describing various Eastern Shore attractions. The key to our room worked fine and there was plenty of parking. The TV in our room was fine. However, our room was insufficiently lit. It seemed to us that there might have been a lamp missing from one side of our room. Most hotels/motels have a small binder that lists services available at the hotel/motel and often services that are available in the immediate area - our room at Days Inn Easton did not have anything like this. We wondered where the vending machines might be and found them ourselves by exploring. The bed was comfortable and the locale was relatively quiet so that was all to the good. However, the pipe leading to the shower head looked like it was disconnecting from the wall and the bath towels were not really bath towels but looked and felt more like large dish towels. They were smaller than regular sized bath towels and thin. There was a hole in the carpet near one of the lamps. Breakfast was reasonably good: nice, clean dining room and good cereal choice, apple/orange juice, danish, bread for toasting. Overall, our experience was good and we were extremely happy with the rate we were charged for our room. Since we were only staying for a single night, we were basically satisfied. Bottom line: you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Days Inn Easton was, bar none, the worst hotel experience this military/traveling family has ever experienced. What we got was a $35/night hotel experience. Unfortunately, we paid just under $100.
a) Arriving to a front desk clerk who looked "put out" and upset that I interrupted her smoke break;
b) She then audibly harrumphed when I said I wanted to see the room first.
c) And after we got to the room she had assigned my family, the key didn’t work, so she told me to wait while she stomped off to get a new key. When she returned, she told me that door was broken so she moved me to another room. On the short walk to the new room, she looked through the window into two other rooms. Was she going to change rooms again and leave me out here while she got a new key?
d) A bathroom that was painted, apparently, by a couple ten-year olds who didn't care about what they were doing.
e) A television screen size from the 1950’s. I didn’t know they made televisions so small anymore.
f) No acknowledgment that we requested additional pillows in our online reservation. No run down at check-in. “Breakfast is in the X room and starts at (time) tomorrow. The gym is down this hall and is open from (time) to (time).” Nothing.
g) Showing up the next morning at 0600 at the front desk to an attendant wearing a dirty polo shirt. When I asked when breakfast opens (I got no sort of run-down of services from the clerk the day before), he said “6:30. I’m cooking it now.” Sorry. I’m not eating breakfast prepared by a guy wearing a dirty shirt.
h) The parking lot area was dirty, grass uncut, windows dirty. That tells me that the staff’s attention to detail to the interior areas is lacking, too. And sure enough, the lobby was dirty, one of the doors didn’t work, the toilets in the lobby were out of order.
I should have known when I looked at the room that it was sub-standard and just gone down the street to the Hampton Inn and paid the extra $50. We will never stay at this particular Days Inn again (we visit Easton a couple times a year). We will not stay at a Days Inn again unless every other hotel is booked and we have to do the travel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family