“Painfully Uncomfortable King Bed”

Holiday Inn Express Easton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Gold Canyon, Arizona
“Painfully Uncomfortable King Bed”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Group reservation for a meeting. Hotel staff was very accommodating, especially Jackie who kept the breakfast well stocked and fresh. Ample supply of good quality towels and toiletries. Thin sheets and lumpy mattress -- at least the king bed in room 215 was used up and "supported" by a hard box springs. Large troublesome pillows. Since I couldn't get comfortable, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Vernelle
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Vernelle,
I am sorry to hear that you did not get a good nights sleep. We are in the process of buying and switching out beds. The oversized pillows are a new brand requirement, and we had just gotten them in. I haven't heard too many comments on those yet, so i appreciate you bringing that to my attention. I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our staff, and I am hoping that you will reconsider your decision, and give our hotel a second chance. I know that we can supply you with the service you are accustomed to and deserve.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington dc
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Norris Real and Jackie Banning

Norris allowed early hour access to the pool for therapeutic exercise and provided lights for safety. His kindness enabled me to remain flexible and pain free during our stay. Thank you Norrie!

Jackie was unfailingly kind and her gentle presence was the essence of hospitality. A great start to the day with each breakfast. Thank you Jackie.

Hoiday inn express thank YOU for a pool that is 5+ feet deep for tall water walkers and water aerobic exercises. My first question each place I stay is how deep is the pool? Thanks for 5 feet.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear JaneM,
Thank you so much for your review. I have passed along your comments to both Norrie, and Jackie. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service is our #1 priority and I'm so pleased that you were satisfied with ours. We look forward to you coming to stay with us again!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 1 October 2013

After the Best Western in St. Michaels screwed us over, we went to the Holiday Inn Express in Easton. It was AWESOME! From Doty at the front desk, to Jackie who did the amazing breakfast, we had people helping us left and right. More pillows? No problem. Another Duvet? Absolutely. Want a bottle of water as you walk out.......here you go. The rooms were really big. Bed was comfortable. I LOVED this hotel and the people working there. They worked really hard to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear L B,
Thank you so much for your kind review. Im so pleased that in light of your experience with the other hotel, that we were able to give you a great experience with us. I truly believe that I have the best staff in the area. We do try to provide the same service we would want on our trips, and I believe it shows. Thank you so much for the kind comments, I have relayed them to my staff. Please come see us again!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This is a great location with Great staff. They provide number one customer service as is to be expected with the IHG brand these days! From check in to check out the next morning, I had a great time. Spacious room and very clean

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Timickus,
Thank you so much for your great review. I am so happy to hear that you were so pleased with your stay. I have passed along your comments to my staff, as they always appreciate hearing the compliments. Please come and see us again the next time you are in the area!
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed at this holiday inn express to attend a meeting in the area. It was a little less than expected from a holiday inn express. The bathrooms were very small, and the beds felt odd but comfortable enough. All of the carpet could use replacing throughout the building. However with these slight downsides the indoor pool and hot tub were very clean and nice to enjoy after long meetings. The business center was nice as well. The breakfast was very good and the breakfast staff made it a wonderful experience. I don't remember her name but she was very helpful and kind. Also the front desk clerk who checked me out was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sduncan141
Dear sduncan141,
Thank you so much for your review. I apologize for the carpeting, we are looking into having that replaced within the next year. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the pool and hot tub, and especially the breakfast. I am passing along your kind comments to both our breakfast bar attendant as well as front desk. I hope that you come and see us again the next time you are in the area!
Crofton, Maryland
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Excellent and very helpful staff, room very clean and updated, good location near numerous restaurants (sit down, fast food, diner) and fuel stations. Staff had complimentary water and fruit in numerous locations in lobby which was nice on a hot day.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mule8654,
Thank you so much for your review. Im glad to hear that you were happy with our service, as well as had a good time in our surrounding area. Please come see us again, next time you are in the area!
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

No complaints on a nice place for a quick overnight if needed. Certainly not a place for a vacation but a nice travel spot with a pool, hot tub, breakfast and very friendly staff on your way to the ocean of for a weekend trip to the Easton area.

Room Tip: very helpful staff