“Great Customer Service *****” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Easton

Holiday Inn Express Easton
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Easton
Albany, New York
“Great Customer Service *****”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I can only say in all my years of traveling this hotel staff goes beyond being courteous, helpful and friendly. The general manager, Mr. David Joy, checked us in quickly and efficiently, then came to our aid with a phone charger as ours had died on the road. He also supplied us with directions to where we needed to go and got us cold bottles of water to take to our room. All done with smile like we were the only thing that mattered. Later in the evening after conducting business, we walked into the lobby and were greeted by the aroma of warm chocolate chip cookies that were put out for guests (yes they were delicious!) The hotel room was clean and the bed very comfortable. I also liked that the exercise equipment worked and I got to use it at 4:30 a.m. Great breakfast choices and good coffee with staff offering to help get a plate. This is how a great hotel is run.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Pamela655, Thank you so much for your pleasant review and staying with us, at the Holiday Inn Express in Easton, MD. I'm so glad you enjoyed everything and we were able to make your stay as easy and comfortable as possible. My staff and I truly strive on making every guest feel at home when staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. One gentleman (front desk? Manager?) cleared my breakfast plate and one of the breakfast staff refilled my coffee. Crowne Plaza service for Express price. You can't beat that! The large rubber duckie in the pool was a big hit with our kids.

Stayed August 2014
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear OnefunH8R, Thank you for your review. I was so please to hear Our rubber duckies were a hit with your children, its the little things i believe that make the experience. I will pass all your great comments along to my staff they will enjoy reading this review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Our cycling group needed a block of rooms for a ride around St. Michaels. We were delighted with the service, price, and cleanliness at this property. The staff makes you feel as though you're staying at a B&B. Jackie prepared a wonderful selection for our breakfast and made sure no one left hungry. David made sure we had plenty of water for our ride and greeted us as though we were at his home. I can't say enough about the entire staff's attention to customer service. The rooms were very clean and we had plenty of towels (even those who just stopped by for a shower). The cost was very reasonable, especially when considering the quick drive to St. Michaels and time of the year. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Uspinuwin, Thank you taking the time to answer a review. We truly appreciate all the great comments you left in your review. I am glad we were able to accommodate your cycling group. We truly want every guest or group of guests to have everything they need as if you were home. I'm glad my staff and I were able to do that for you. I hope that if your group is in the area next year, we get to see you again.
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel is very clean, very comfortable, and has an excellent staff. Jacqueline managed the kitchen and breakfast room and did a great job, the buffet selection was very good and she went from table to table greeting the guests. We arrived quite ahead of the normal check-in time, and were checked in quickly. The rooms were quiet, and the air conditioning didn't blow onto the beds in a way that happens so frequently in hotel rooms. Will definitely frequent this hotel again when we come to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear deborah956, Thank you so much for your great review. I was pleased to read all your nice comments. I will pass along this review for the rest of my staff to read, they will enjoy it. Hope to see you again soon.
Annandale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We always stay here when we are in easton. Has a great indoor pool and hot tub. Rooms are very clean. The breakfast buffet is always hot with a good selection. The thing that makes this place standout is the friendly staff. The manager is always helpful, the desk staff wonderful. The lady who runs the breakfast buffet is amazing, she makes you feel so at home, she is great with the kids and really cares that you have everything you need. If there is an award for the nicest place to stay this hotel should get it!

Stayed August 2014
Dear LovetotravelandEatout, Thank you so much for your review and being loyal to our hotel when your in Easton. We truly want to make every guest feel at home when staying with us. I will pass all your great comments along to my staff they will enjoy reading this. I hope to see you again soon when your in the area.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Staff from front desk to breakfast to housekeeping are friendly and helpful going out of their way to make your experience the best. Some examples...at breakfast a handicapped couple with mobility problems were table served their food without fanfare but with total respect. I only noticed because we were at the next table. Front Desk & Housekeeping worked together so we could have an early checkin at noon. They really exceeded expectations on this one.

We had a king room and it was really king size. Good size refrigerator which we used. Room was clean and furniture comfortable.

There are 3 sets of elevators so no downtime waiting and plenty large for us to transport our bikes.

Hotel decor is a little tired looking especially in lobby & hallway.

Gym is large and well stocked. We didn't use it because we went biking.

There are supermarkets nearby. It's about a 30 min easy drive to St Michaels or Cambridge with great veggie stands along either route.

Bottom line, we would stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear EB100, Thank you so much for your review and staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Easton. All of your comments were great and I enjoyed reading them. My staff and I strive to make all guests experiences like they are at home. I'm so proud we exceeded all your expectations. I will pass this along to my staff they will enjoy reading this. I hope you come back soon and see us!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were on the road on our way home from vacation and stopped here after 9 pm on a Friday night. The front desk attendant was very friendly and had me checked in swiftly (we did not reserve ahead). Our room was clean and oversized - fine for a family of 4. The breakfast was decent - and the woman working at it was friendly and attentive. This is certainly a place we would stay again if we needed a room in this location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
davidjoy, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Easton, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Clare S, Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to hear all your great comments. I hope when your in the area again, you stop in and see us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Easton
BEST WESTERN PLUS Easton Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in St. Michaels
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
#1 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Holiday Inn Express Easton? Share your experiences!