“Better than I expected!”

Plazuela's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Edgewater
Cuisines: Mexican
Annapolis, Maryland
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

We finally tried Plazuelas after driving by many times. I had a tamale and a chalupa. Husband had chalupa and burrito. Everything was hot and tasty. Best tamale I've had in Annapolis area. The restaurant itself is typical hokey Mexican decor but it is clean. Service was great. Chips and salsa fine. Food is good and value priced. Glad we supposed. Will go back. We did not have alcohol.

2 Thank joburkholder1

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yuk!”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Terrible service, foor not fit for my pooch and bland decor. After a much anticipated "Grand Opening" we were highly disapointed. We will not be going back.

Visited July 2012
“fairly priced mexican”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We went around 7pm on a Saturday, and most of the tables were filled. The food is average - nothing fancy or spicy, but tasty. I had 2 chicken enchiladas and refried beans and rice. The enchiladas were filled with chicken, and good. My friend had the chimichanga and said that is was pretty good with lots of meat. I ordered a margarita and was surprised when they brought it in a tall beer mug! it was fair, and barely any alcohol - won't order it again. my friend had the sangria, and said that it was much too sweet. Then we noticed that the people at the tables near us all had ordered bottled beer! The service was very good and the food came out quickly. If you are looking for fairly priced mexican meal that is cooked fresh, then this is the place. We will be back.

• Visited October 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“I don't think I like "Authentic" Mexican...”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

My daughter and I recently tried Plazuela's as she has been on a Mexican food kick lately. We were there around 6:30 on a Sunday evening. The place was fairly empty and we were seated right away. We received warm chips and salsa immediately and they were very good. We ordered two mixed drinks to start off which we enjoyed. The food came quickly but looked un-appetizing to me. I ordered beef enchiladas and my daughter got a chimichanga. The plates just looked like a big brown mess to me. The description of my meal said it came with a guacomole salad which was a dollap of guac on top of shredded lettuce. The food was mushy and bland. I had fried ice cream for dessert. It was swimming in whipped cream and chocolate sauce. It's not like me to leave food on my plate but I didn't finish anything. Our server was very good and attentive. On the up side, my daughter liked her food. Especially the refried beans. Also, after 2 drinks, 2 entrees and 2 desserts the bill was $35. That was a pleasant suprise.

• Visited October 2012
Federalsburg, Maryland
“Border patrol needed!”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Two things surprise me. One, all the great reviews and two, that this food can be even considered "authentic Mexican". Ok, I'll start off on a positive note. The place was very clean and presentable. It used to be a KFC and they did a pretty decent job changing it over. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The food came out fast. Very fast. Like drive-thru fast. We were in a hurry, but sheesh! Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Maybe there are several warming pans of various Mexican dishes prepped and ready to go.

Now for the food. My boyfriend got the chili rellenos and he did like those. Everything else, however, was very....Meh. My enchiladas were filled with what had the taste, texture and consistency of Sloppy Joe mixture. Overall, we were very unimpressed with our combo meals. If authentic Mexican food is what you're looking for in the Annapolis area, go to Jalapeno's, the food and the ambience is much better there!

1 Thank Rachel S