Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Motel Edgewood(Edgewood)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$64
US$64
All reviewsvery comfortable stayking suitefree breakfastbel airexcellent hotelexcellent stayfresh fruitfitness centereggsbaseball tournamentwould definitely stay here againindoor poolfront desk staffclean roomsripken stadiumgreat place to staylast minute
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We travel quite a bit and this is the first time we've stayed at a Hampton Inns and Suites. The decor was classy and clean. They have neat little black and white pictures depicting things, like classic gas pumps over the coffees to show unleaded ect. Also on our room number tag was a picture of a light house and inside sea pictures, each tag was different, so I thought that was a whimsical little touch. We had a problem fitting our 3 children in a bed so they gave us complimentary roll away. The pool was empty, again great for us. The only problem was our youngest and my husband had a reaction to the pool water. It is a salt water pool which was wonderful for the eyes but not so much for sensitive skin. Great selection for the free breakfast. Overall excellent stay. We come to Baltimore quite a bit and I think we've found our new home away from home!

• Stayed: March 2013
Karen K, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear Lovegrovemama,
You have just given us the best compliment a hotel can receive - that you consider the new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen -South as your new home away from home. We are
also extremely honored that our new hotel was your first Hampton brand experience. Hampton Inns and Suites are part of the Hilton family of brands and an extremely popular brand due to the amazing value they offer and the "hamptonality" of our team. Like you, I love the whimsical touches with the black and white photos and room identifiers like the gas pumps and I'm so glad that you commented on those extra touches. This particular hotel has a great deal of upgraded
touches throughout the hotel which provides our guests with a richer stay experience.

Thank you for the feedback about our pool. Because of your comments, we have re-evaluated recommendations for chemical balance and made adjustments. We hope you and your family will take a dip into our pool the next time you're back. If you return in warmer weather, perhaps you can step out into our patio area right next to the pool and enjoy a warm spring breeze. Make sure you sign up for Hilton Honors before your next visit too - earn some points while you are staying at the new Hampton Inn & Suites! Until then, safe travels always.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We came in off the road after 1 am and the hotel employee Paul Bhanot was jus wonderful. He was kind, attenting and anticipated our every need. the hotel is brand new and the most beautifu Hampton Inn I ever stayed at. The beds were luxuriously comfortable and the shower water came out strong and hot. I highly reccomend

Room Tip: The hotel is brand new and I am sure every room is wonderful. For a great room with lots of space choose 301.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Nancy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your stay experience at the brand new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen-South. I'm sure after coming off the highway at 1am, that a warm welcome from Paul was appreciated. Though our new hotel is absolutely beautiful which you commented as well, it is our customer service that will continue to set us apart. Paul exemplifies superior customer service which is one of our core values at the hotel.

Were you able to take advantage of our beautiful fitness room, indoor pool, complimentary high speed internet or our complimentary hearty breakfast? If not, hopefully you can enjoy these amenities the next time you stay with us!

Nancy, we value your feedback on TripAdvisor and we look forward to earning your business the next time your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My stay at the new Hampton Inn & Suites in Edgewood was very short, but it delievered on every account. The hotel is easy to see and get to from I-95, and to get back to the next morning.

This Hampton Inn & Suites is the newer desgin that Hampton has gone to. Everything from the lobby decor to the hallways to finally the guest rooms was top quality. The lobby is really breath taking for a mid scale hotel. You're greeted by a well lit wide open space that has very nice marble and huge modern fireplace.

The rooms are very large and the in room ammenities are plentiful and again top quality. I loved the tiled entry way as opposed to the standard carpet entry way in so many hotels, a very upscale feeling and apperance.

There is a huge entertainment center that has what appears to be at least a 37" HD Flatscreen...so many hotels still go with a 32"...(so 2000's) Also in the entertainment cener wasa microwave and refridgerator, which I used to heat up a late night meal I bought in their 24 hour Suite Shop. I was all set with the huge TV, meal and beverage to watch the basketball game....As good as home!!

I got a great nights sleep, even though my room was directly around the corner from the elevators, I never heard anyone coming or going. My room was on the back of the building with I-95 right behind me, but I never realized it was so close to the building until I was in the back parking lot the next morning when I heard the traffic. I never heard a peep from the outside during the night...and this is during the winter when the dead trees would typically allow more noise through.

Also another plus here, was the extremely quiet ac/heater units in the room. I have stayed in many hotels where you will be jarred awake during the night by the unit turnng on or off with it's loud clanking. This unit barely made a whisper, even when I was awake watching TV, I hardly noticed it come on or off. The room has a digital thermostat where you can set the temp to your exact liking.

Finally the breakfast, as with every Hampton, there was wonderful selection of hot items, cold items and fresh breads and pastries. I enjoyed one of their omelets, I know it's not the made t order omelet you will get at some full service hotels, but it was quite good and of course the cost was right...Complementary!!

There is a beautiful large marble (again an upgrade from the typical wood or fake type material you see) dining table right in the middle of the breakfast area that I was able to pull up a barstool type chair and watch the morning news on the flatscreen as I enjoyed my coffee, newsaper and breakfast...what a great way to start the day.

Overall as the title says, it's probably the best Hampton Inn & Suites I've stayed at in a long long time, if not ever!!

Sorry for the long review, I have been told I can be rather wordy at times...but I wanted everyone to know what a great property this is. Kudo's to the managment for getting it right!!

Room Tip: From what I could tell any room would be good, maybe avoid a first floor room on the back of the hotel, as it appears headlights from parking cars may shine in the room, but there are blackout drapes that would keep that from being an issue.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Karen K, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Robert C,
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide an extremely well detailed account of your stay experience at the new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen-South. Based on your extensive experience with lodging, we are so pleased that our attention to detail did not go unnoticed.

You, like most of our guests, found that our decor strikes the right balance of contemporary and warm. That can be seen by the many upgraded touches throughout the hotel including the marble fire place in the Community Room. We are glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy our hearty complimentary breakfast. The way you described this - sitting at a barstool style chair, reading the newspaper while watching television is exactly what we want our guests
to feel - just like they are at home.

Your comments will help those who turn to TripAdvisor looking for guidance on lodging options in the Edgewood/Bel Air/Aberdeen areas of Maryland. Your statement, "...probably the best Hampton Inn & Suites I've stayed at in a long long time, if not ever!!" will defnitely make that decision easier for travelers.

We hope you will stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen-South each time you travel to and through the Edgewood/Bel Air/Aberdeen area.

Reviewed 5 December 2012

This was our first visit on a frequent trip along Route 95. New hotel with a great design, excellent staff that gave us a warm welcome after hours of driving. Room is well designed, they finally got it right. No bath tub....walk in shower. Yeah!!! Excellent morning breakfast. Quiet location. Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor but it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Karen K, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2012

Nancy011351,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at the new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen-South on TripAdvisor. Not only do our hotel team members find your feedback valuable, so do those travelers looking for lodging recommendations in the Edgewood/Aberdeen MD area.

We appreciate you noticing the upscale and upgraded touches throughout the hotel and it's modern design. Our guests frequently comment on how this hotel decor is the perfect combination of modern in appearance and warm in atmosphere. It looks like you experienced the same. We also appreciate you commenting on the proximity to I-95 and how quiet the hotel is. While travelers like to be right off a major road, they don't want to be so close that they can hear the road. Our new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen - South found a way to do both - close and quiet!

We look forward to having you stay with us again each time your travels take you to and through the Edgewood/Aberdeen/Bel Air Maryland area so you can have another enjoyable stay with a delicious complimentary breakfast. Hopefully next time, you can enjoy our indoor pool too.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

We had a great 4 night stay in this newly designed Hampton Inn. Many of the gripes I have voiced about older H. I. have been corrected. This one has well lit, wide hallways with 9 foot ceilings, a large impressive breakfast area and two quick elevators devoted to guests. The overall finishing was only mid-grade but the bones of the building and room size were above average. We slept soundly every night and numerous HD TV stations and fast internet to entertain us earlier.
Reception was not very friendly but competent, breakfast staff excellent and maid service very reliable and clean. Complaints minor... no bananas, no paper delivery twice and no checkout bill under the door on the last night. I guess our biggest gripe was the cost of $5 to use their laundry for one small load, it is usually $2-3 elsewhere.
This is the best choice among the second tier hotels that surround this I-95 exit. Unfortunately you will compete with Aberdeen proving ground workers and/or their vendors for a room so plan ahead and prepare to possibly overpay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Dear Jonesyguy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent stay experience of the brand new Hampton Inn & Suites - Edgewood/Aberdeen-South on TripAdvisor. Many travelers will look to your review for guidance on lodging options in the Edgewood/Aberdeen Maryland area.

When spending 4 nights in a hotel as you did, it is important for the hotel team to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. Sounds like we could have greeted you with a little more enthusiasm and while we continuously work on the "Hamptonality" of our team members, on occasion, we need to reach a little higher. You have found what most of our guests found as well - a beautiful, well built hotel with very large guest rooms. You have given us one of the best compliments a hotel can receive -that you "slept soundly". Please know that while we look forward to your return, we need to continuously earn the high praise you have given us each and every time you are our guest and we welcome the opportunity. Safe travels wherever the road and skies take you.