“Decent stay, but dirty rooms.”
Review of Motel 6 Edgewood

Motel 6 Edgewood
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Los Banos, United States
“Decent stay, but dirty rooms.”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

The bed was cozy, pillows were fluffy, but the room was just stuffy, dirty, and damp... I came all the way from California to see my boyfriend here in Maryland and this was the only BW close to his location. We had some complications at check-in but the man at the desk that night was kind enough to let us pay in cash after I had booked the room with my credit card online. Once we got into our room by the pool area, it smelled faintly like cigarette smoke even though on the door it said it was a non-smoking room. Maybe the cigarette smoke from outside traveled into the room? I'm not sure, but it lingered in the room during our entire stay. It also got very humid in the room at times. It got so humid, the table tops were starting to feel a little wet and the carpet was warped and wet as well. It even got our socks dirty. Also, the pool hours kind of bothered me during our stay. Pool season for this hotel is "From Memorial Day to Labor Day"... Why? It was 90 degrees and humid during our stay and we would have liked a swim in the pool because it looked really nice and refreshing whenever we walked by. It was really unfortunate. Anyways... I could go on about how the walls were covered with stains and the bathroom was lined with mold in some places and other things, but I will refrain because for the money we paid... It was a decent stay and my boyfriend and I, despite the little things, we still had a good time. I would probably book another stay at this hotel in the future if they took better care of cleaning their rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Renee S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vb
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I occasionally stay with Best Westerns because they have very comfortable beds. Not this place. Old uncomfortable beds. This place should be torn down. It is very old and has not been taken care of. Stay here at your own risk. And the smell of curry.........ugh

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank KEVIN C
Tamarac, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Having had a good stay at Best Western in Lumberton, NC we thought we would give the Best Western Invitation Inn our business in Edgewood, Maryland. We called in a reservation for an no smoking accessible room. We were initially given a second floor room in a building with no elevator. Pretty hard to get up all those stairs. Then we were assigned a room that was not ground level but up a ramp and then a short walk. When we got in the room it smelled very strongly from cigarette smoke. Never got to check to see if it was really an accessible room although the handicap sign and no smoking sign was on the door. We were then told that was their last accessible room. We settled for a regular room on the first floor, but no smoking. We were told we would be given a pool side room that was non smoking. Well, this room that we were given was overlooking the parking lot and smelled even worse. We gave them three tries to get it right and they just couldn’t do it. We got our money back and went across the street to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dickmaven
Salisbury, MD
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here one night. It was fine. The room was pretty clean and I slept well. However, when I arrived it looked like the parking lot might be a hangout for teens. And at 4:47 in the morning, I was awoken by teens talking loudly outside my room. They went away, but I don't think the hotel does much to discourage this. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. The price was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot are convenient, but may be noisier.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris C
Hendersonville, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The Best Western Edgewood, Maryland is a older hotel that is poorly maintained, the in room housekeeping is not consistently done daily in rooms, parking is difficult to get into and out of the hotel on week-end nights because of restaurant/night club onsite. The staff will try to help with needs when requested.

1 Thank Luann J
Wall Township, NJ, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The first room was not cleaned prior to our occupancy. There were dirty towels on the bathroom floor, and in the tub. There was garbage still in the cans and cigarette butts in the ashtray. The second room had ants in the bed. Live ants in the bed I slept in the night before. We will not be returning to this hotel, ever.

1 Thank Donald B
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Edgewood for a recent nearby sports tournamenet. I am a Best Western Rewards member and have stayed at other locations throughout the country but have to say, this was one of the worst locations we have experienced. There was mold on the wallpaper and floorboards between the 2 beds and on the springs of one of the beds; musty; moldy type odor. Cobwebs with spiders/bugs in the corner behind the front door. Mold in the bathroom shower No one was behind the front desk at check out time, around 11 am; Landscaping area outside of the hotel needed a lot of work - lots of weeds, heavy plant growth that needed to be cutback

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 9 in Edgewood

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!