“Gross!!”
Review of Motel 6 Edgewood

Motel 6 Edgewood
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Edgewood
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Motel 6 only for a night on our way back from Florida and so far it is the worst Motel 6 we found. First the good part: the bed sheets were clean, we had access to a free WiFi and the AC unit did a great job. The bad part: The bathroom was disgusting! (See photos) dirty ceiling, sticky floor and mold everywhere around the bathtub. There is also a bar/nightclub that share the same parking lot which mean that we had to deal with people talking/yelling late at night...We took a shower, slept and ran away!!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Vdubowner

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

1st had to unplug fridge because it was thumping noise and control knobs were gone. The room is nasty and dirty. I took a shower in the morning and after drying myself I found a brown spot on the towel that looked like someone wiped themselves and it wasn't from me....ugh....disgusting. Not even a clock. Ceiling outside room had collapsed.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank JRob0728
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

l think this hotel is the greatest.
The staff is friendly,and they have lots of amenities.
Pool is beautiful and they have a Gym.
lf you want your money's worth, Stick to the Motel6.

Another great thing about this hotel is, they have a Computer in the lobby. It's wifi accessable. l love how care Free i feel when lm here.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Kimberly W
Reviewed 7 July 2014

It was OK. Did NOT notice bed bugs or anything, and that is great plus with me! Did notice that the room wasn't as clean as would have expected (there were wine cooler bottles behind door-granted was hidden, but still). There could have been some maintenance done on the room (such as fix holes in doors and such). Otherwise, the room was just about what would expect for the price that we paid.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SlideEmHere
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place is truly the haunted mansion with critters and creatures that come into your room uninvited. Ants, bugs, dity sheets, filthy filthy room. Not fit for a mutt. The rooms are non smoking but there were cigarrette burns and the room smelled of them. I actually bought new linen at family dollar and used them. I only stayed because i was too tired to leave and drive anywhere else

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank bobogirl
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Stopped by as we were looking for a inexpensive place to spend the night. I asked to look at the room first and it was disgusting. Carpet was dirty , bedspread was filthy and had cigarette burn holes in it, bathroom was worse than the bed. Ended up at la Quinta and had a wonderful room. I cannot imagine anyone staying in that room.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lifesgood83
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My fiancé and I were traveling with our dog and driving to the Florida Keys, and this was our first stop after driving from New York. The room was clean, but there was definitely a musty odor to the room. The bathroom could have used some new tiling, but there was running hot water for us to brush our teeth with, etc. We did not take a shower here, as we were only passing through for a quick night's rest. But, I must stress, for $49 a night, it is exactly what we expected. It was a clean room with an OK bed. Nothing fancy, but why would you expect something fancy from this? I read some of the reviews below and I am wondering what people expected when they booked a room at a Motel 6 for such a low rate? We didn't go into it expecting the Plaza Hotel...like I said, aside from a stale/musty odor, it was perfectly fine for what we needed it for. Would definitely stay there again if we needed to stop in Edgewood.

Room Tip: Also wanted to stress this motel is literally right off of rt. 95, so very convenient for travelers
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Liz M
Travellers also viewed these Edgewood hotels
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 10 in Edgewood
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Edgewood / Aberdeen-South
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Edgewood

Address: 1709 Edgewood Rd, Edgewood, MD 21040-1009 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Invitation Inn)
Region: United States > Maryland > Edgewood
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Edgewood
Price Range: £44 - £48 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Edgewood 2*
Motel 6 Edgewood MD is located at I-95 and SR 24. Dining and shops are nearby. Play golf or go to the beach, 4 miles. Reserve our meeting room. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor pool and truck parking. All rooms include micro-fridges and free Wi-Fi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Edgewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Edgewood