“Good Enough”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Albany, New York
“Good Enough”
Reviewed 17 June 2007

We pick up coupon books at rest stops when we're on the road and need a place for the night. Traveling up I-95, Edgewood, Md came along at 10 pm. Got a Best Western room for $65 with coupon.

The desk clerk was very nice. The room was fine, and came with free high speed wifi and a basic breakfast. Just fine.

• Stayed June 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Smalbany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Salt Lake City, U
Reviewed 30 March 2007

When I first got to this hotel I was kind of concerned. It looked a little old but when I got into the front office I felt better. The lady was really nice and got us checked in fast. The room was a decent size, bed comfortable. Breakfast was decent. They have a laundry room and work out room though we didn't use them so I can't comment. Comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NJ, USA
Reviewed 17 July 2006

my wife and I arrived there on Friday. We were booked for 2 nights. We ended up checking out the next morning and moving to the Sleep Inn across the street.
The Best Western Invitation Inn is a dump. They are under renovations but that is no excuse for bad service, and a stench of urine around the front rooms that made us run out of the hotel the morning after we had arrived and look elsewhere. What a joke, and there is none of this renovation notices on their website, completely unacceptable!
The room was scary and I did not want to leave my shoes on the floor. The AC window unit was from the 1900s and was not on when we arrived, so it took a few hours to cool down. My wife is 5 months pregnant so we were not happy at all. We arrived at the room very late night so we decided to just suck it up and stay that night knowing that we would be out of there the next morning.
"Continental" Breakfast also was a joke.

So anyway, we went across to the Sleep Inn, made a reservation and when we got to the room in the evening it was nice and clean, the AC was on so the room was nice and cool for us. Nothing fancy, but just clean. Perfect, and only $5 more than the Best Western.

Do not stay there, even after the so-called renovations, the place is aweful, and the front desk service is just terrible. So look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank Julay
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 7 February 2006

Good hotel if you need a place to stay in a pinch. Our room was musty but it was relatively clean. Would stay here again if I had to.

If you're looking luxury, look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2006
1 Thank DE_Travelers_902
PA
Reviewed 9 May 2005

Our family of 4 stayed here and the rooms were very cramped and not updated. The room was very damp and humid. We could not get good control with the AC or the heat as it would send the temp of the room to the extreme. The continental breakfast was just a continental breakfast.
Rooms are accesible from the outside, not inside. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2005
2 Thank smithy02
New York
Reviewed 16 March 2004

I have stayed at this motel several times with my spouse and our 2 little dogs. Over all, our experiences have been just fine. It's not the most updated place, but it has always been clean and quiet. The staff is always professional and friendly. They offer a nice continental breakfast, always well stocked. We're going back in May. I always feel comfortable booking a room here.

5 Thank baybay2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Sleep Inn & Suites Edgewood Near Aberdeen Proving Grounds
Ramada Edgewood Hotel and Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
Red Roof Inn Edgewood
#6 of 9 in Edgewood
Comfort Inn & Suites Edgewood Aberdeen

Been to Motel 6 Edgewood? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Edgewood

Property: Motel 6 Edgewood
Address: 1709 Edgewood Rd, Edgewood, MD 21040-1009 (Formerly BEST WESTERN Invitation Inn)
Region: United States > Maryland > Edgewood
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Edgewood
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Edgewood 2*
Motel 6 Edgewood MD is located at I-95 and SR 24. Dining and shops are nearby. Play golf or go to the beach, 4 miles. Reserve our meeting room. Enjoy our seasonal outdoor pool and truck parking. All rooms include micro-fridges and free Wi-Fi. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Motel 6 Edgewood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Edgewood