Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Nice property, courteous staff, but WAY overpriced.
Will not be staying here again.
200$ for a Holiday Inn Express ?
Uh, no....

Only redeeming point, it is across the parking lot fr a great Mexican place. Otherwise, I would have left already.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Robert C
HIExpressColumbiaGM, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to provide us with your review. We do appreciate your feedback regarding pricing. We apologize that you felt the rate was not comparable with the service and facility. We strive to price our rates to be competitive with the other hotels in our market ( Columbia, MD) Should you have a need to stay in the Columbia area again, please reach out to the Management Staff and we will do our best to accommodate you and your budget.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here one night here, and things were almost perfect.

The room was attractive, spacious and - most importantly - very clean looking. The beds were comfortable and there were two choices of pillows. I'm particular, so I always bring my own.

Breakfast was adequate*; not gourmet but enough choices to get me going. *The skim milk in the carafe by the coffee was spoiled. I added it to my coffee, and at first I thought there was something wrong with the coffee, but it was the milk. I gave the whole milk the sniff test, it was fine, and the coffee was okay.

Ask for a room on the side of the hotel facing away from the highway. Our room overlooked the highway, and it was noisy. I use earplugs, so it didn't affect me, but my husband didn't sleep very well as a result of the noise.

All in all, a nice stay. AND it's right across the parking lot from a terrific little Italian restaurant called Pazani, which I recommend (see my review for Pazani on Trip Advisor).

The complimentary shampoo, conditioner, etc. were of decent quality and smelled good.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the side facing AWAY from the highway and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debia M
HIExpressColumbiaGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Our team at the Holiday Inn Express In Elkridge Maryland would like to thank you for your recent visit. We are pleased that you enjoyed the stay with us. We look forward to having you back to our location very soon in the near future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

The folks at the desk were really nice and made every effort to help us out with directions to our event in the area. I wish I could remember their names, but the lady who checked us in and out was great. The lady who was serving breakfast also made an extra effort to help us out, we needed some ice for a small cooler and instead of sending us back upstairs to get it from the ice machine she got us some ice from her kitchen. These folks made us want to come back and stay here next year when we visit the area again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Foxmill

The entire team at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Elkridge Maryland would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location .We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to provide a very good service.
We are looking forward to seeing you again next year we do value your business. Thank you again

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I had a dead car in the morning, and a lovely maintenance man jump started my car. Then the manager gave me very detailed instructions on where to go to get a new battery installed. Both these guys went beyond the call of duty to help me out and make sure I got on the way to my appointment.

The hotel itself was the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever been in. The room was spacious and comfortable. Not as clean as I would like, but OK. The bathroom was great and I liked the amenities in there. Breakfast was good. I especially appreciated the Chobani yogurt and granola that was available.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room off the highway
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank chocoholic2
HIExpressColumbiaGM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to our location in Elkridge Maryland. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to assist you in your time of need with your vehicle. We look forward to having you back to our location very soon in the near future.

Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband stayed in the king whirlpool suite which was everything we needed. The room was nice, the whirlpool even better, breakfast was great, and Jay and the young lady in the morning were very friendly and courteous. We were given a late check-out with no problem also we decided to stay here a least once a month to just have a night to ourselves. Wonderful experience!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovey408
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Our staff and management would like to take this time to thank you for you most recent visit to our location in Elkridge, Maryland. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our Great breakfast with the new healthier options. We look forward to having you back to our location very soon.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

This hotel is great! The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is huge! The free breakfast in the morning may be the best free breakfast in any hotel I've ever stayed in. And I stay in hotels multiple times per month. Eggs, chipped beef, sausage, bacon, cereal, donuts, oatmeal, danishes, and fresh fruit are all available and taste great. Even the selection of coffee creamers is plentiful: whole milk, skim milk, cream, half and half, International Delight, Coffeemate, powder, liquid EVERYTHING!!!
The only thing that is weird about the hotel is the entrance and exit. You have to go thru a gas station parking lot in order to get to the hotel. Weird. But there is a grocery store and a couple of restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.
It is also priced very well and the service has always been great to me.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank SalesmanB
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

We would like to thank you for your most recent stay with the Holiday Inn and Suites in Elkridge, MD. Our Staff and Management are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our new Express Start Breakfast with Healthier options. We look forward to seeing you again soon when your travels brings you back to our area.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Let me just say that I do not write many reviews, but this hotel deserves 5 stars. I loved it! I searched numerous hotels and read numerous reviews to find the best place to bring my daughter for an overnight girls getaway for her 5th birthday. I read the reviews for this place and I noticed two words that were repetitive, CLEAN and FRIENDLY. This place is impeccably clean and the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was GREAT!!! And they were very prompt about refilling anything that ran out. I booked my room a month in advance and noticed the week of my stay that the room was $50 less than the rate I was paying. I called and the manager, John, kindly adjusted my rate. All that I can say is I will be back again and again and again. It was a little hard to find the road that leads up to the hotel through the gas station, but I'd prefer it this way, its kind of tucked away!

I loved it and glad I stayed here!

Room Tip: The suites are pretty spacious, the living room and bedroom are not really separate, buts its cool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LoveClean
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

We would like to thank you for you most recent stay with us during your special weekend event. Our Staff and Management of the Holiday Inn Express and Suites would like to hopefully see you again real soon when your travels allow. Thank you for showing us that your Enjoyed staying with a Great Hotel that our Guest Love.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
The Hotel at Arundel Preserve

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!