“Clean, friendly, great service and Kim really took care of us at Breakfast.”

Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We arrived at 3am and were treated like royalty. Rooms were very clean and beds incredibly comfortable. Kim took great care of us at breakfast and there was no prob w our 2pm checkout. I will definitely be back and will recommend to friends, family and my company.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Stubird65

Reviewed 13 November 2013

It was a quick overnight stay, but would like to come back and yes I would stay here again. The staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was very good. The room was clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 1956deb
Reviewed 12 November 2013

While staying at this hotel for 2 months as I got adjusted to my new job and relocation, I was absolutely delighted by this hotel. It is 100% the best choice hotel in the neighborhood. I had a few unfortunate circumstances with other choice hotels in the area and couldn't get back to this one fast enough. I was always created with a smiling face and most of the staff went above and beyond my needs. While the majority of the staff was usually in good spirits and happy to help, Brian at the front desk went out of his way to make sure I had everything I needed. When I would return after leaving for a few days he remembered me by name and greeted me with a warm smile every time. It was nice to feel at home, especially being so new to the area. I will stay at this hotel anytime I need a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Nkc511
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed for one night in October, and were very happy with the stay. The hotel itself was great, and the pool and breakfast were wonderful. The room was great, and comfortable. The only thing keeping the hotel from getting five stars is getting to the hotel. There is construction on a townhome/condo community going on, and it makes it difficult to get to. My OnStar actually led me to a closed road, and had to switch to Google Maps on my phone. Overall, the hotel is one of the best Choice Hotels I have stayed in, just things out of their control are causing an issue at the moment.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Getting to the hotel IS a little awkward. I like that it's not directly on the main road though. The hotel interior is very nice and well-maintained. They even keep the hallways smelling good. We checked in at 4am after a long trip and didn't have to wait for someone to come to the desk. The man was very nice and helpful, as were all of the front desk personnel during our 8 day stay. I love the rooms, they're everything we hope for in a hotel room. There's 2 flat screens, a sofa, desk, comfortable bed, fridge, micro, etc. Cons- no hot tub. Not a huge deal, but would be nice. As someone else noted, the breakfast attendant really is "too helpful." Prepare to be treated like you're 5, and yes, you will be scolded if you do anything "wrong." The breakfast itself is decent though. Housekeeping walked into the room multiple times during our stay without knocking,which wasn't cool. Keep your door locked even if your 'Do not Disturb' sign is up. Encountered one woman who spoke hardly any English, which made asking for anything difficult. Waited 6 hours on one occasion just to get fresh towels and toilet paper brought to my room. Guess it would've been quicker to have them service the entire room. I could've called the front desk and they would've probably handled it quickly, just didn't want to bug them.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was referred to this hotel as the recommended place to stay for a Maryland wedding. The front desk personnel was friendly and accommodating.

The room was exceptional for the nightly rate. The rooms were spacious and clean suites with a refrigerator and microwave included. This however was kind of necessary since there is no restaurant in building and made it ideal for warming up leftovers from nearby restaurants.

There is a great continental at breakfast bar every morning, managed by a very efficient and personable wait staff lady that makes sure that the serving area is clean and everything is constantly stocked.

While the hotel is not in the most popular area, there are a couple of area shopping plazas where you could get a coffee or a quick bite to eat.

The hotel is also right off the highway.

I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Nice suite rooms, and maintained very clean. The staff was very attentive, particularly the breakfast hostess, Kim. The pumpkin spice waffles were also quite nice. Good location for visiting the Maryland Renaissance festival.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!