“Friendly staff, clean rooms, beware of toilet!”

Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights here. The room was clean and well maintained. It was nice to have AC and a ceiling fan as my husband and I don't do well with humidty. The hot breakfast was good as it has protein and not just a carb fest, which is nice for this gluten free lady. Fruit slection was limited to organges, banannas, and red delicious apples. We were able to check in about noon after a red eye flight from Oregon, which was greatly apperciated so we could take a shower before attending family gatherings. Our toilet clogged multiple times, but the maintaince staff was nice and cleared the clogged for us. We checked out at 4am and the hotel had breakfast to go bags, which included fruit, chewy bars, and a bottle of water.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gdudik
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway

Reviewed 10 April 2014

My mother, brother and I were on our way from NY to Florida. We, ideally, wanted 3 beds. We got a room with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa for the same price of a 2 queen room! We had a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and the usual other amenities. The sleeper sofa attached area had its' own TV! The breakfast was full and great. A small store off of the breakfast area carried anything you would need for a hungry spot at night. The exercise room and pool we did not use, but looked clean and well taken care of. The young lady at the desk was pleasant, friendly and accommodated our every need. We would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lissycap
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When we checked in everything seemed great. The hotel looked nice and the guy at the front desk was very nice and helpful. We got to our room and we were impressed the jacuzzi looked nice and the room was spacious. However the room had an old smoke smell and we could tell someone had smoked in it previously. We didn't mind it to much though, I just made sure to tell the guy at the front desk. The issues for us didn't start until the middle of the night. I kept waking up in pain because the bed was so extremely uncomfortable. I am actually still in this hotel right now doing this review, it's 7 in the morning and I slept horribly. So now I feel terrible. My neck and back hurt! And I'm only 26. I should not be feeling like this. It also didn't help that when we pulled up to the hotel we parked by a room on the side of the building called the sprinkler room and it was loud! Our room is on the that side of the building as well and when we first got here we didn't here it, it must shut off because it turned on last night and was obnoxious, but is not on now. I am so disappointed we spent 150 on this room for one night. Definitely not worth that kind of money!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank erinmilnikel
Reviewed 13 February 2014

very nice Hotel.good spacious clean rooms and good service.great pool.If I was travelling again in this area i would definately go back to this place again.My room had 2 flatscreen tvs which is a great feature for famalies with young kids

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Roy3030
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very nice hotel right off i95 but in a very hard spot to get to since all the new construction around it. You have to enter thru a neighborhood because of new roads. Beside that very nice hotel, very clean. The breakfast attendant Kim is very attentive to you, maybe sometimes too much, and she really knows the area which is nice.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

The room had two double beds with plenty of room to add additional furniture. Seemed like there could have been a additional bedding in room it was that large. Featured a flat screen tv with good channel selection. Bathroom was a bit out of date with minimal water pressure in shower. Bedding was clean and furniture was dust free.

The breakfast was sufficient with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, a variety of Danish/bagels/breads, a few cereal choices (hot/cold), and various beverages. Whoops, almost forgot the two waffle makers so no one had to be standing in line waiting which was great.

What was most impressive about my entire stay was the friendliness and customer service of the kitchen attendant (Kim) while I prepared and ate my breakfast. She went out of her way to ensure my waffles were made for me, ensured I got butter/syrup for them and was genuinely interested in whether I was satisfied with the selections available. Before leaving the breakfast area I asked Kim for her name and complimented her on how delightful it was to experience her cheerfulness and professionalism to start my day. Hang onto this valuable asset!!!

Room Tip: Double beds are ok but a little small.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed on business for 1 night, having used this hotel for several previous trips. It's still a decent value for the area. Desk staff are efficient and friendly. Rooms are still well-appointed and appear to be maintained. Everything worked fine. Beds are very comfortable. Breakfast has actually improved since my last visit here.
They have a "Snack Pantry" near the front desk with drinks and packaged snacks.
Would recommend highly for this area, as long as you have a car to go out for dinner, since this place is secluded behind a residential area.

Room Tip: All rooms are very quiet. Either order food in or drive to restaurants nearby. Nothing within walk...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bizz-Traveler987
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!