“Great Location/ Poor Breakfast”

Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here while we were in town for a concert at the Merriweather Pavilion. The location is fantastic if you're only there for a show. It's literally a short 10 minute or so drive. The room was clean, but I found the traffic noise from the highway really loud. I would ask for a room on the front of the building - not the side facing the loud traffic. The other thing I didn't like was the breakfast. We were told breakfast was served until 9:30AM. We came down at 9:27AM and someone was putting all of the food away. Everything. Right in front of us. Granted we left it a little late but if it's served until 9:30AM I've always understood that they keep it out until everyone is finished with what they need!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the front. Traffic is very loud in highway facing rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mum2Gabe

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here for our visit into Baltimore. The hotel is very nice (all internal room entrances) and the staff was kind, friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms have a seating area in addition to the bedroom. It was nice to have the extra room. The breakfast area is very nice and the selection was good. It included eggs and a meat, fresh fruit, waffle maker and more. We were able to drive to a Light rail station (free parking) at Cromwell, about 10 mins to catch the Light rail into Baltimore. There was also Arundel Mills not far from the hotel. We enjoyed our 4 days at would stay at this location again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wanda W
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel is a newer, very clean property. The mini suite was spacious and comfortable allowing room to spread out and relax. The WiFi was weak which was disappointing. Breakfast was pulled before the stated end time and we had to go out for the meal. However, the hotel is near I-95 and for the rate charged, was a good value. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Spent one night here. Friendly staff, Monic (not sure how to spell her name) was very helpful and friendly. Beds were comfy, we spent great. Breakfast was good. Room was clean. I would highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel overall is not bad. Room was nice and clean. The WIFI service was horrible. I kept getting kicked off and tried to download and it never let me do it. Would start the download and then would just stop. Very irritating!! The shower has a detachable head and kept sliding down, would not stay up. That's very annoying for a tall person. Other than those few things listed, my stay was OK!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is almost the best Comfort Inn I've ever stayed. Very caring front desk accompanied to my room to make sure it was right. Room was a very nice suite. Fan ran constantly, masking all noise. Room temperature was perfect. Internet was fast & easy to connect. Plenty of electrical outlets. Why, they even delivered my bill under the door early the next morning! I was thinking I was in a 5-star place until I turned on the shower. Started out cold, and then got luke-warm. Not sure whether this was a management decision to save money, or a temporary maintenance issue, but I hate missing my hot shower in the morning.

Room Tip: Avoid the highway exposure, and ask if the rooms have hot water.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank PAMan804
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We stayed 3 nights here. The room was clean and well maintained. It was nice to have AC and a ceiling fan as my husband and I don't do well with humidty. The hot breakfast was good as it has protein and not just a carb fest, which is nice for this gluten free lady. Fruit slection was limited to organges, banannas, and red delicious apples. We were able to check in about noon after a red eye flight from Oregon, which was greatly apperciated so we could take a shower before attending family gatherings. Our toilet clogged multiple times, but the maintaince staff was nice and cleared the clogged for us. We checked out at 4am and the hotel had breakfast to go bags, which included fruit, chewy bars, and a bottle of water.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gdudik
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia - Fort Meade
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Sleep Inn Columbia Gateway
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia

Been to Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway? Share your experiences!