Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills
Great 4.5/5
Exec Motel(Elkridge)
Average 3/5
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsbwi airportthe stained glass pubshuttle servicecruise portpark and flyreturn shuttlebest westernsleave your carpre cruisehot tubpark and cruise packagearundel millshot breakfastan early flighta great place to stayfree shuttleshort drive
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 10 July 2014

As a travel writer I stay at hotels all over the world and only a few would I return to again. The BWI Best Western is one of them. The staff are friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. The rooms are large and clean. There is a pick up and drop off VAN with drivers who carry on an enjoyable conversation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Reywatwrite
    Tina C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thanks so much!!!!...for your outstanding stay and comments. Please let us know if or when you may be returning for pleasure or business. We want to be sure all future stays are just as satisfying!!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

If you are only interested in a place to sleep, this is a great hotel for the money. Rooms are clean, service is friendly and a basic hot breakfast is available. Airport transportation is timely and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    1  Thank Caroline T
    Tina C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for such an incredibly nice review! Everyone at the BEST WESTERN PLUS BWI Airport takes pride in their work and it shows by how pleasant our customers are. We are appreciative of anyone who takes time to leave a friendly review and love that you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

There's not much more that I can say about this wonderful Best Western Plus located in Elkridge, Maryland, but I will try. This BWI Airport hotel is one of the best that I've ever visited. It's so wonderful here, that I make this my one or two night home away from home every week. The reservation specialists that check me in every week are the best. My enjoyable stay starts with them. I must mention their names so that you can experience the kindness, courtesy, friendliness and their professionalism when you arrive. Ms. Paulette, Ms. Evelin and a rookie by the name of Ms. Bonny, will make your stay as pleasant as possible. This location houses a nice fitness center along with a nice relaxing indoor pool. It also houses a very much needed sauna. The rest rooms in the pool area are always very clean. Maintenance is always on the job for their guests. The Lobby is always clean and attractive. The rooms are very clean and fresh. The beds are always very comfortable, carpet is clean, and most of all the bathroom is pleasingly fresh and clean, always. I'm not too much of a breakfast person, but the breakfast there is very good. If you ever visit this location, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
    Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First and foremost, thank you for spending every week with us. It was a pleasure having you and we are very happy to hear your stay with us was “Fabulous in every way” Your support and feedback inspires our staff to provide every guest with the best customer service every day! Let’s see you again soon before the summer ends. Thank you for the amazing review!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arranged our stay here via their Park, Stay, Cruise package directly from calling the hotel. Our cruise was out of Baltimore to the Bahamas for seven days beginning June 13, 2014. Our driving distance to Baltimore was little more than 6 hours, so it was more convenient to request a reverse park, stay and cruise package. The hotel did not seem to have any issue honoring my request and did not act as if it were an unusual request. On June 13, 2014, we arrived at the hotel and dropped off our vehicle and filled out paperwork to park our vehicle, and waited just a few minutes for the hotel shuttle driver to return from his lunch break to drive us to the port. Our maximum wait for the shuttle to the port was no more than 10 minutes. Our driver drove us directly to the cruise terminal where he dropped us off at the main entrance door.
    When we returned from our vacation, I attempted to contact the hotel as I was directed to do to request a return shuttle, as we were walking through the line to get off the boat and go through customs. Steve at the front desk, abruptly told me to give him a call back to request the return shuttle once I had made it through customs. Initially, my thoughts were that it was no big deal, and I would do as he had requested. Once off the boat and through customs, I called back to request the shuttle, not more than 15 to 20 minutes later, and again Steve told me he would send the van and for us to wait in the pickup area. Mind you the drive typically from the hotel to the port would have only been roughly 20 minutes with no traffic, but at 815 A.M. when I came off of the boat, I knew the wait could be longer due to rush hour traffic. After I waited 35 minutes for the shuttle, I made another phone call to the hotel and Steve informed me that the driver was on his way, and that he was stuck in traffic....another 20-30 minutes later the van arrived. Much to my surprise, when my wife and I loaded onto the van, the van was completely full on its return back to the hotel. Needless to say I was a little frustrated by the time that I returned to the hotel, but managed to keep my cool when I finally got to check into my room. I felt if Steve had known that there were multiple guests coming off the boat around the same time, especially since I specifically called while exiting the boat and sent the van then, I would have had a better experience. We had the opportunity to meet both of the hotels shuttle drivers and both men were friendly and willing to go above and beyond their call of duty to please a guest. While we were staying at the hotel we did not move our car once and used the hotel shuttle for free to get around to various destinations, but mostly a MARC terminal to go to Washington D.C. for sight seeing.
    Our room had an unusual smell, kind of a mold smell, and the carpets were not the newest. The beds were the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in in my entire life. After once night, I canceled my reservation for the second night and switched to a different hotel along my path to head home. The bathroom was a bit above subpar, considering that the bathtub was installed with a huge unsafe slant to the tub floor which was extremely difficult to stand up in and shower, which could have easily caused a slip and fall. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone with sensitive allergies.
    When I called to make the reservations, I inquired about the complimentary continental breakfast, to see if there would be any Gluten free options available for my wife who is gluten free. The attendant that I spoke with did not seem to know what Gluten free really was, and did not make me feel comfortable that my wife would find anything she could eat. I did however, use the complimentary breakfast, but was not impressed, nothing more and probably less than most hotels would offer.
    Overall, I would say for me this hotel was a decent value for my purpose of parking my car, providing me a shuttle to and from the port, and a place to stay for roughly 25 bucks more than it would have costed me to park my car at the port, but other than that I can't say much more about it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    Tina C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave review for all our readers. We are so glad to hear that you had a chance to use the post cruise and fly package. our Best Western PLUS BWI offered convenience and flexibility during your stay with us. It’s a delight to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our shuttle service and took advantage of our local MARC terminal to go to Washington DC. I will pass along your concerns and I want to thank you for bring them to our attention, I hope that you will came back and visit us again, we will be completely renovated by next year.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We found this hotel to be clean and comfortable for a early flight from BWI airport. It was a little tough but possible to find a parking space.The beds and AC worked well and all rooms have a minifridge and microwave. We used the hot tub and pool which were very clean. We had to leave at 4:30AM for the airport so we did not have breakfast which starts at 5:30AM but there was coffee in the lobby. The hotel van arrived at the airport for our 12:30AM arrival at BWI so fast, no waiting!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    Tina C, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus BWI Airport Hotel - Arundel Mills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We are so glad to hear that our Best Western PLUS BWI offered convenience and flexibility during your stay with us. It’s a delight to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our shuttle service. Hope to see you soon.
    Tina