“BUGS!!! Don't Even Think About It!!!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
Reviewed 28 January 2011

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at!! We had reserved a room at this hotel for 4 nights. The room had HUGE bugs running everywhere when we turned on the lights. After calling the front desk to change rooms, they told us that they were typical for that area and there was nothing they can do about it. We had to go to the front desk and get a remote control for the TV because there was not enough remotes for every room in the hotel. The TV was turning on and off by itself all night long. There was no hair dryer, iron & ironing board, or trash cans in the room. The list could go on and on... needless to say, we checked out the next morning after the front desk did not respond to any of our concerns. I wouldnt even recommend this hotel to people I didnt like...It was that bad!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cfprusa05
econolodgebwi, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

We apologize for your unpleasant stay, however we were not aware of the concerns that you had when staying at our property. The bugs in the rooms are a part of the forest conservation area we are located in. We do suggest that our guests keep their room doors closed so the bugs will not have a chance to enter. In addition, most of the amenities that were missing from the room are available upon request from the front desk. We strive to please our guests in any way we can and we would like to resolve any issues our guests may bring to us.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

I stayed at this hotel while I was attending a meeting for a few days. The rooms are not what the pictures on the website look like. They look new. I just wanted to stay at a comfortable, not so expensive place and this hotel worked for me. I did read the other reviews but my experience was different. My room was clean and the service was pleasant. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sjb80
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Staying in not expensive hotels was regular part of our trip as hotels were just place for night between further driving. We already past couple cheap hotels close to New York that had bad reviews but overall were on decent side considering their price. Expectation for that hotel were the same - and it was huge mistake!!!
This hotel is wors place that I stayed in in my hall life so far.
On good side:
Not bad location (around 1 hour from Washington)
Reasonable price but still more expe sive then 2 other hotels we stayed close to New York.

Rest is bad (in an order of appirence):
Unplesent service in the lobby.
Small and smelly room.
Dirty beds with all sheets covered with wierd holes and spots of brown color.
Dirty towels and broken shower.
Room had microwave (that cheap kind I have not seen in my life) but worst part it was acting as it was working even so after 10 minutes!!! of use food was still cold!!!
And to finish up that killing combo I was not able sleep bexouse room had no insulation from busy outside traffic. In the midle of night I even checked if room had open or no windows at all.

To finalize: sleeping in car would be better choice than using that motel.

Reviewed 1 May 2010

It was by far my worst lodging experience thus far. they charged a decent rate, but there was no coffeemaker in the room. I booked the room on the internet, and the info was misleading, because it stated that accommodations included a fridge and a microwave. That was not true, as the microwave is in the lobby. I had to contend with bugs, and the curtains did not adequately provide for privacy. Compare them to the ramada, where for the same rate, a fridge, a microwave are both in the room, and there is a fitness center. I will NEVER stay at an econolodge again.

Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I would call this place a fleabag...but that would be disrespectful to fleas. It was abysmal... in every way. Even for an Econolodge, this place was horrible.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We are sorry for any problems you faced at our hotel. Our property is located right off a few major highways and gives you quick access to Baltimore and Washington D.C. Our rates our very competitive and we give a great value for the amenities that we offer and the location that we are in.

Our front desk staff is friendly and courteous and any unpleasant service from our staff is unacceptable. As for our rooms, we attempt to fix any maintenance or housekeeping issue as it is brought to us. We give our guests clean towels and sheets for their room and we replace any amenity that has a problem. We would like to serve you better on your next stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2008

We knew we'd be arriving late and this was just a stopover before continuing on early the next morning. So I was looking for a cheap place with clean sheets, and a working shower and room heater. I got all 3. Once in the room I realized I needed one other basic feature - a working in room phone - which I didn't get. I could call the front desk, but they couldn't call me and I could reach no other numbers. So, since I got 3 out of 4, you might think there is nothing or little to complain about. Well, the rest of the room was horrible. First, the mysterious red stain on the toilet tank cover (blood, mascara?). Next, the shower curtain rod that wasn't secured to the wall completely so fell out during my shower. While we're in the bathroom, there was the rust stain in the bathtub; and, while there was working ceiling light fixture, there was a huge rusting hole in the ceiling where the previous fixture was. In the main room there was the exposed 2x4 top of the kickwall next to the sink. The finial of my headboard was dangling. Half of the mirror moulding was missing. And the top drawer of the dresser was broken.
Why didn't I ask for a different room? Because I was too tired after a long day's drive and, as I mentioned at the beginning the room met my very basic requirements, with the exception of the phone (which the front desk helped me work around).

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 23 September 2008

when i was watching the steelers win the super bowl in 2006, i was trying to rent a room at a hotel or motel. when i was searching for 1 all the inns charged me so much like 85 and up dollars for a room. then i came to econo lodge the place with cheap prices. the location was awsome. it had a taco bell near, a subway, restaurants, gas stations car repairs, airport, anything you name. so stay there. they had clean rooms, nice furniture,everything awsome. p.s. only go to the econo lodge in elkridge maryland ok!!!!

Stayed: February 2006