“WORST MOTEL 6 EVER!”
Review of Motel 6 Elkton

Motel 6 Elkton
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I will not stay at this place again! I normally stay at these motels cause i travel with my cat. Anyways..... Floors were horribly stained. There was hardly any hot water, Tv remote dint work, No laundry room, Vending machine had almost nothing in it, Coke machine dint give change back, Woke up to 2 state patrol cops on the property handling guest, Beds were extremely hard, No pool and uncut long grass in the small courtyard, Ppl just hang around the properly like it wasbtheir house, Hardly no hot water and air conditioning didnt work right and constant stomping from ppl upstairs.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank AcidDreamz33

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Let me preface this by saying that the staff at this Motel 6 are very courteous and accomodating. This hotel is just about the same quality as I would expect out of staying at a state run facility (prison), with the police included for free! The courtyard area of this establishment would be lovely if not for the many Late-teens, early-twenties hoodlums running around, drinking and carrying on. When we got checked in, I had to switch rooms a grand total of three times before finding one that was "acceptable" and I use that term very loosely. Stink bugs all over the property did not help either. Every time you would set foot outside your room, you were bombarded with them. While socializing with some of my colleagues after hours, we noticed the police cruising the lot. They questioned us as to our business there, (should have taken this as a sign), and why we would choose to stay at an establishment that was raided by the police department on a weekly basis. I would say that was the low point of the stay, but the icing on the cake was the next morning at 4:30 am, when we were leaving the motel. One of my female colleagues was accosted by a gentleman in a car, asking if she wanted to "make a quick sixty bucks". That was the last straw and we will not be staying anywhere near this place again. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money to stay somewhere where your rooms were not used to manufacture crystal meth.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank 383Chris383
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here one night after 5 nights in a 5 star hotel. Here are some of the factors where Motel 6 is better:

Cleaner bathroom
Better lighting: The 5 star was dim.
More functional HCAC without limit settings for min or max cooling/heat.
Better TV channel line up.
Direct dial phone, so I didn't have to go through the operator.
Internet that works: (Unreliable 5 star hotel internet service.)
Instant water (had to run the hot tap for 7 minutes to get hot water at the 5 star.
Good water pressure and shower head that was not at mid chest level.
No bellhop or doorman who sucks up to get a tip.
Free parking.
Legible instructions (5 star guest manual was in 6 point type.)
Number on phone is accurate (The 5 star still had a non working number on hotel phones!)
No waiting in line to register or to check out.
Friendly staff not looking for "handouts" for useless "service."
No "mandatory" service charges added to the bill.
Easy in and out. Seconds at Motel 6, 10 minutes for the 5 star due to slow elevators.
Extra roll of TP (has to call room service and tip for the "courtesy".
Two sheets: (The 5 star had only a bottom sheet and a comforter.)

What made the Motel 6 worse:
Split in linoleum bath floor.
No "office" chair.
No lobby of significance or on-site restaurant, conference rooms or gym.
Legacy TV rather than flat screen; "tired" remote.
No facial tissue, shampoo, comb toothbrush/razor or hair dryer or courtesy slippers/bathrobe.
No phone in the bathroom.
No on site gym or restaurants.
Decor is tacky; feels cheaper than it really is.
No marble floors, statues, on-site gift shops or currency exchange facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the office. Rooms near the office tend to have quieter guests.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank deanham
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Had the displeasure of stopping here on a trip back to New Hampshire from Florida. The woman at the desk was very nice and we paid for a room. Should have done a drive around the building before ever deciding to stay. It was pretty late at night when we checked in and there were tons of people hanging around everywhere. The room was pretty disgusting, flies everywhere and far from clean. I could have put up with the room itself for one night but I wouldn't have been able to close my eyes knowing the bunch that was hanging around. As it was we hauled everything from the truck into the room but I still couldn't relax. Had to eventually ask for a refund and leave. The woman at the desk was very cooperative about the refund, probably does alot of them. Looks like alot of people actually live at this motel and considering the price you should expect what you get. My advice is unless you're desperate, find other accommodations.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else if at all possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl N
Reviewed 29 August 2012

First of all, I do have to say that not much should be expected from a motel that only charges $39.99 per night, however there are MANY things they could do here to make this a comfortable, cleaner place to stay that would take little effort!! Unfortunately I have had to stay here several times because of my living/financial situation - and I have always had a negative experience. As I lay here right now I have discovered FLEAS jumping around in my bed. What I thought was skin irritation from the soap are actually flea bites. I have switched beds in hopes they're only in the other bed, and I'll be 'fleeing' the building in the morning. Many people live here and carry on at all hours of the night, shout about drugs etc. A room I checked into the other night had soaking wet carpets and at least 20 flies buzzing around the room, and the front desk acted as if I was being dramatic when I asked for a new room. The carpets are disgusting and stained, hair is always found in the showers and on the toilets, and I am sure that the comforters have never been washed. I would rather sleep in my car than ever stay here again. YUCK!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ahavens88
Reviewed 17 August 2012

On a road trip with our 2 dogs....saw the sign $39.00. With 2 people that 39.00 means $50.00 which is still a great deal ESP with the dogs. We checked in and went to our non smoking room..the stench was horrible and stank of cigarette smoke and stale air freshner, the carpet was really disgusting, so went back and got another room...still the same stench and dirty carpet but no stale cigarette smoke smell Sign saying pet area..oh my god..I have not seen anything quite so disgusting...with pet leavings everywhere...all the surrounding areas were the same. Air con did not work, tv was cracked and and everyone was red...the room was filthy, bed breads with cig burns and really dirty...old McDonalds bags under the bed...I mean they had been there for awhile. My new white socks were black by the morning..opened the door and found a crack pipe oUun our mat....then Lund beer bottles under the wheels of our car....this really is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and I have travelled the world.....stay away at all costs. The acting manager is lovely and gave us a full refund....but I still shudder when I think about it.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs....this is our third motel 6....and definitely our last.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trev D
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Arrived with reservations and were told we could NOT stay since we had two small pets...a recent decisions since we had stayed there many times before. Directed to go to Knights Inn across the street which accepted pets. If you have more than one pet, do NOT plan to stay, although Motel 6 states that pets are FREE!...

Room Tip: Don't count on corporate policy!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Grandmawith2pets
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 8 in Elkton
Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa

Been to Motel 6 Elkton? Share your experiences!