Motel 6 Elkton
RodewayInn
US$119
CandlewoodSuites
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfast foodwater pressurestayed for nightsrooms are cleanfront desk staffflinterstate
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We stayed at this Motel 6 for one night with our dog in October 2013 on the way to a longer trip.
The price was the best in the area and of course they take dogs. We are not people who stick up their nose, but this is the worst Motel 6 we've ever seen.
The room, despite being a NON Smoking, smelled badly of smoke. We didn't manage to understand if the smell was actually form the room itself, or it came through the ventilation system. Either way, not good. The bed covers had holes in them (cigarette?). We were a little bit put off by the general appearance, so we checked thoroughly for bed bugs, but I gotta say there was no sign so we decided to stay. The room and the bathroom desperately needed renovation though. They look old and not too clean.
The next morning, when I went to the front desk to check out, nobody was there, although I could hear chit chatting voices in the room next door, which had an open door. I called many, many times, rang the bell. Nothing. Some very unfriendly and uninterested girl came out after about 10 minutes. I told her that I had been calling and waiting for 10 minutes, and she told me she had very little sleep the night before, so I had to be patient. I think she should not work with public.
Overall, we would go back because they let our dog stay for free, but for no other reason.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank uberland
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear uberland,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the customer service and smoke odor issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I found this hotel when I was on my way back home from a road trip up north. I was so tired! My previous experiences with choosing hotels because I was tired have proved to be my downfall! Anyways, I checked into the Motel 6 with one thing on my mind... SLEEP.

The room was very clean, the bathrooms worked, doors were secured, an outlet to charge my cell, and the tv tuned to the cartoon channel. I didn't need much more, especially traveling with my 3 amigos. As soon as we checked in, we were in our room 5 mins later. The lady at the front desk was very nice and accomodating, although we had to wait for her to finish her smoke break before she handled our business. I didn't mind that. It was just a minute or two...

I checked out easily the next day, and went on my way. A good one night stay. It wasn't the Four Seasons Hotel, but it took care of my basic needs.

Con: Tucked away in a creepy dim lit area

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tomira R
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I will not stay at this place again! I normally stay at these motels cause i travel with my cat. Anyways..... Floors were horribly stained. There was hardly any hot water, Tv remote dint work, No laundry room, Vending machine had almost nothing in it, Coke machine dint give change back, Woke up to 2 state patrol cops on the property handling guest, Beds were extremely hard, No pool and uncut long grass in the small courtyard, Ppl just hang around the properly like it wasbtheir house, Hardly no hot water and air conditioning didnt work right and constant stomping from ppl upstairs.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank AcidDreamz33
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Let me preface this by saying that the staff at this Motel 6 are very courteous and accomodating. This hotel is just about the same quality as I would expect out of staying at a state run facility (prison), with the police included for free! The courtyard area of this establishment would be lovely if not for the many Late-teens, early-twenties hoodlums running around, drinking and carrying on. When we got checked in, I had to switch rooms a grand total of three times before finding one that was "acceptable" and I use that term very loosely. Stink bugs all over the property did not help either. Every time you would set foot outside your room, you were bombarded with them. While socializing with some of my colleagues after hours, we noticed the police cruising the lot. They questioned us as to our business there, (should have taken this as a sign), and why we would choose to stay at an establishment that was raided by the police department on a weekly basis. I would say that was the low point of the stay, but the icing on the cake was the next morning at 4:30 am, when we were leaving the motel. One of my female colleagues was accosted by a gentleman in a car, asking if she wanted to "make a quick sixty bucks". That was the last straw and we will not be staying anywhere near this place again. Do yourself a favor and spend a little more money to stay somewhere where your rooms were not used to manufacture crystal meth.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank 383Chris383
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stayed here one night after 5 nights in a 5 star hotel. Here are some of the factors where Motel 6 is better:

Cleaner bathroom
Better lighting: The 5 star was dim.
More functional HCAC without limit settings for min or max cooling/heat.
Better TV channel line up.
Direct dial phone, so I didn't have to go through the operator.
Internet that works: (Unreliable 5 star hotel internet service.)
Instant water (had to run the hot tap for 7 minutes to get hot water at the 5 star.
Good water pressure and shower head that was not at mid chest level.
No bellhop or doorman who sucks up to get a tip.
Free parking.
Legible instructions (5 star guest manual was in 6 point type.)
Number on phone is accurate (The 5 star still had a non working number on hotel phones!)
No waiting in line to register or to check out.
Friendly staff not looking for "handouts" for useless "service."
No "mandatory" service charges added to the bill.
Easy in and out. Seconds at Motel 6, 10 minutes for the 5 star due to slow elevators.
Extra roll of TP (has to call room service and tip for the "courtesy".
Two sheets: (The 5 star had only a bottom sheet and a comforter.)

What made the Motel 6 worse:
Split in linoleum bath floor.
No "office" chair.
No lobby of significance or on-site restaurant, conference rooms or gym.
Legacy TV rather than flat screen; "tired" remote.
No facial tissue, shampoo, comb toothbrush/razor or hair dryer or courtesy slippers/bathrobe.
No phone in the bathroom.
No on site gym or restaurants.
Decor is tacky; feels cheaper than it really is.
No marble floors, statues, on-site gift shops or currency exchange facility.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the office. Rooms near the office tend to have quieter guests.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo