“Forced to Eat Horrible Food AGAIN”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #2 of 89 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: American
Sanibel Island, Florida
“Forced to Eat Horrible Food AGAIN”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I swore I'd never eat at another CB (after a serving of week old 'fish' plus year old greens), but we're staying just next store (literally) to one & my husband wanted to eat fatty food. Sooooo. We called in a pick-up order (seriously, we can see the front door from our room) & on the 2nd call, we actually were able to place an order for a Reuben w/ cole slaw & fries AND a burger with lettuce, tomato, pickles, & mayo. Walked over, picked up food, came back with Reuben & a piece of mystery meat tucked (that is SO not the right word) between a fat roll with NOTHING else. NOTHING WILL EVER CONVINCE ME TO EAT IN THIS HOLE FROM HADES OR ITS BRETHREN EVER AGAIN. The dogs are getting part of the "meat" for a snack tomorrow (honestly, I asked my husband to taste it - he is NOT picky & he couldn't say WHAT kind of meat it was). Rest is going in a landfill where an anthropologist will find it in 200 years.

• Visited December 2013

Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,784 helpful votes
“Good Service & Food. LOVE the general store!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We went here today for breakfast. Most of the food was good. We had pancakes, eggs, biscuits, bacon, sausage & sugar cured ham. Only disappointing item was the NEW seasonal item, the Pecan Sticky Bun French Toast Breakfast. It was so hard. You could barely even cut it with a knife. Our waitress had the kitchen attempt to prepare a second dish to see if it would be better, but it was just as hard. Finally, we got pancakes instead. The pancakes were delicious. The biscuits are soft and flaky. Most of the food is really good! The chilled cider was yummy too.

Overall, the food was good. The service was friendly and fast enough. They were nice enough to give us one meal complimentary due to the Pecan Sticky Bun French Toast Breakfast being so hard. GREAT customer service! The restaurant appears clean. The wood burning fireplace is great on a cool morning. Love the warmth & coziness it adds. The seasonal décor was very nice. Love that they put a Christmas tree right in the dining room! It just feels like home! The general store gift shop is one of my favorite places to shop. I always find something unique to give as a gift.

We will be back & would recommend to others. We can count on them for a great experience & a good meal. AND if something isn't right...you can count on them to make it right!

• Visited November 2013
“Closest to Delaware”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We don't get here too often-used to eat a cracker barrel weekly when we lived in fla-but there isn't one that close to us in delaware. This is as textbook cracker barrel as it gets. From the long wait (at times) to the exceedingly long wait for a server to get to the table-but the food is good, as it is at most every cracker barrel.

• Visited November 2013
Columbus, New Jersey, United States
“Very weak coffee”
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

The food was above average. Service was good. However, for a restaurant that serves breakfast, what's up with the lame, bland, weak coffee. Coffee at restaurants should be better than coffee at my house. Based on what I'm hearing, the weak coffee is a Cracker Barrel standard. Re-think that.

Visited August 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit or Miss”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As someone who often orders meals to go, I had two very different experiences at this Cracker Barrell. The first time was no problem. I ordered at the hostess desk and the food was excellent. I am always polite and tip well. The second time, I waited in a semi-long line behind people waiting to be seated. When I eventually got to the hostess desk, I was told I had to go to the main register to order. The lines there were long as well. When I expressed my dismay at having to stand in line again, the host said someone would come and take my order. No one ever showed up, so I left. My advice is, if you want something to go from this Cracker Barrell location, call ahead and order it on the phone first.

Visited August 2013