“Great place, ignor the few bad reviews, they have to be crazy”
Review of Baker's Restaurant

Baker's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Elkton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BUSINESS HOURS : 11:30am-8:00pm (SUN, MON, WED, THUR) 11:30am-900pm (FRI & SAT) Closed Tuesdays Live Music Friday & Saturday 6:30-9:30
Reviewed 29 December 2012

When I read the review that said the liver and turkey sandwich were bad. My fist thought was it had to be a competitor that was loosing business to bakers or they were the type that could never be pleased. The liver is my favorite dish and they cook it just like I ask them to. All you have to do is ask and it will come out just the way you like it. As far as the hot turkey sandwich I no for fact that the turkey is rosted right on the premises and have heard many rave about it. The place has been remodeled and is always up to date. The owners put so much into this place that its hard to imagine what some people are thinking. The bar area has been redone a new patio area with fireplace and the dinning room is always decorated with a theme of the season and beitifuy done with love. I have eaten there many times mabe hundreds of times over the years. I always get a great meal. And if something is not to my liking they will make sure I am happy and will replace it. That has only happened a couple of times over the many years I have gone there and they are always gracious about it. The interesting thing I have noticed is they treat all the customers as well as they treat me. If its your first time expect to be treated like one of the regulars. The food is great the atmosphere is great are the prices are very resonable. What more could you ask for?

Robert M, Owner at Baker's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. We really appreciate our regular customers and consider them family. We like to think of our restaurant as a home away from home where we will always make our guests feel welcome and appreciated. Thanks for your comments and hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Baker's is a landmark restaurant that specializes in "Grandma's style" of cooking. At lunch today I tried the Pilgrim's Panini which consisted of sliced turkey, melted pepperjack cheese, cranberry sauce and lettuce. Very tasty. Their chicken and dumplings earned them the Readers Choice Award for "Best Dining in Cecil County." Although frequented by locals and Seniors there were several families there today and I imagine more so for dinner.

It has recently been remodeled and can now accommodate 200 people. It has a full service bar. Prices are very reasonable and the wait staff is very personable. I will definitely make a return visit when I am in the area.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant. My Grandmother and Grandfather opened Baker's almost 55 years ago and now we are the third generation to have the privilege of owning this restaurant. We love meeting our guests, making the restaurant beautiful and cozy and working on keeping our ever popular comfort food but also offering new and exciting choices! We love our staff and consider them our working family. We are so glad that you enjoyed our food and service and hope you will visit us again soon!!

Reviewed 17 November 2012

Family restaurant. Older folks favorite. Charming building. Food OK. They do participate in charity functions so we patronize.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

We've eatten at Bakers on numerous occasions. We've always been happy with their food and service. Daily specials are rather inexpensive. It's true there are alot of seniors and we are typically the only family with young children but it's no issue for us. The wait staff is always great and very polite. The food is pretty basic but very good. If you're looking for gourmet pretentious food this isn't your place. If you're looking for a good old fashioned homemade dinner Baker's is your place!

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I talked my husband into going here for lunch knowing that it attracts seniors. The service was nice. We weren't the youngest people in the place but it was an older crowd. The bar looked nice but it was too early in the day for it to be open. My lunch was really good. It was the special with boneless breast of chicken in a sauce. The portion was a large lunch portion. My husband got the pork loin special and the portion was very skimpy. He liked it though when I tasted his there was too much cumin on it. It was just too overpowering. The prices are reasonable. My husband felt it was one step above a diner. There is plenty of parking all around the building. They have a cute little gift shop if you like Victorian type gift shops.