“Enjoying more flavorful dinners!”
Review of Baker's Restaurant

Baker's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 95 Restaurants in Elkton
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BUSINESS HOURS : 11:30am-8:00pm (SUN, MON, WED) 11:30am-8:30 ( Thur) 11:30-9:30 (FRI & SAT) Closed Tuesdays Live Music Friday & Saturday 6:00-9:00
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Dinners have significantly improved on flavor exspecially the fish options. We really enjoy the friendly staff and cleanliness of the restaurant.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We went here with friends who have eaten here for years. I got a cheeseburger (fresh and cooked well to my liking) and fries (they were barely warm and I didn't say anything as I didn't want many anyway). The others had crab cakes or fish and were very pleased with their meals. I didn't have dessert but the others thought theirs was very good (I think it was rice pudding and pecan pie). It was busy but our waitress was very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxing even though it was quite busy. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We found Elvis and he was performing at Bakers in Elkton, MD! Ray Orbison was also playing! The bar was packed, we sat in the restaurant and ordered dinner. This is an inexpensive family restaurant and the quality of the food reflected the price. The food was so-so, service was ok. I would say this is an ok place to stop in for a quick bite.

We stopped by the bar after dinner to watch Elvis and Roy. They were pretty good, the bar was packed and everyone seemingly was having a good time.

wrmlmm, Owner at Baker's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thank you for reviewing Baker's. We are glad that you had a nice time. We really enjoy offering early family entertainment !

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Baker's has been a family favorite for years! Excellent food, reasonable prices, super yummy desserts, and a warm & welcoming ambience! The place never disappoints! With all the new restaurants in our town (Middletown, DE) we are still willing to travel 30mins to go to Baker's :)
Try them...you won't be disappointed!

Thank you so much for your review of Baker's. We really appreciate you coming to see us from Middletown. We are so happy that you enjoy our food and we just love our guests. We hope we will get to see you soon! :)

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I've driven past this restaurant numerous times when traveling and I always thought I would give it a try at some point. It looks inviting and appears to be a busy place which is a good sign. I finally stopped here for a meal. The highlight of my visit was the pleasant hostess. It was downhill from there. I was alone and seated in a booth in a corner. Servers walked passed my table several times. Not one of them acknowledged me. The hostess, a young girl, observed I was being ignored and offered to get me a beverage which she did. I sat there waiting contemplating whether to get up and leave. Finally one of the servers, an older woman, said "I'll be right with you" as she whizzed past me for the 10th time. She took her good old time getting back to me. I placed my order. She brought the salad and a dinner roll and that was fine. I had the ribs and fried shrimp platter (they called it the Cecil Tucky) along with scalloped potatoes which are only offered on Saturdays. Not one thing on my plate was good. The ribs were tough, not fall off the bone tender. The fried shrimp were covered with oil from the fryer. The scalloped potatoes were like a mound of glue. I ate what I could and then I had to flag the server down for my check which took too long to get. This establishment seems to cater to their regulars and that's fine but travelers need to eat too and deserve better service than what I received. When I drive past this restaurant I'll keep going from now on.

2  Thank 4051clm
Robert M, Owner at Baker's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

We are extremely sorry you had such a frustrating and disappointing visit with us. We can assure you this is not a norm for our business as we always strive to provide our customers with nothing but the best in both service and the meals served to them. We will be speaking with the staff to ensure this is an isolated occurrence, but hope you will consider giving us another chance to restore your confidence in us!

Been to Baker's Restaurant? Share your experiences!