“Food was terrific, service a little slow”

DaddyO's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Elkton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Family dining with a gourmet twist.
Reviewed 22 April 2013

When asked about my preference of drink, I made the mistake of asking for a particular brand of beer that they didn't carry. The server said she they carried a lot of brews then scurried off to get a menu. Twenty minutes later, she delivered the menus then disappeared again for another 15 minutes. After that, the service picked up as the crowd diminished simulateously. The food, however, was delicious and all plates were taken away empty. Prices were pretty reasonable, considering the quality of the dishes.

1  Thank seamimr

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I loved the freshly cooked bass dinner and the giant portions. Great service, very friendly and very close to our B and B.

1  Thank frenchbug
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a local place as we travelled and saw this name. What a charming place! It doesn't look like much from the exterior spot along the strip of businesses. Once inside, it is warm, inviting, and cozy. The waitresses was wonderful. The food was delicious. We had the potato soup, a burger, fettucine, and a turkey sandwich. All were incredible. Highly recommend this little restaurant. It isn't far off the interstate and it is worth the drive.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

We stumbled upon this place for lunch on a recent day trip down from Pennsylvania. It was confusing at first, because we just thought it was a take-out place or just had counter service when we first entered the building. Signs to seat yourself in the dining room would have been helpful. Once we figured out the layout we had a wonderful lunch with a very attentive waitress who kept the coffee hot and brought water as well. My hot grinder could have been toasted more, but it was so full of quality ingredients it really didn't matter. My husband loved the calamari. We will definitely go back next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

This hidden gem is a rare find. I eat out alot and what I love about DaddyO's is the freshness of every ingredient. The pizza is the best around. I have also enjoyed the spinach salad with grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon ohhh it was amazing. I have also had the Chicken Piccante which was equal to none other. The servers are friendly. On most Friday nights, they have a piano guy or an acoustic guitar singer. During the winter, a fire in the fireplace couple with the singing - it was just an awesome night. All for a very reasonable price.

1  Thank Linda B

Been to DaddyO's Restaurant? Share your experiences!