Sutton Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsrooms are smalldonutschesapeake citycontinental breakfastnight's sleepone nightchuckmotelattractivelyhighway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Very clean, new bathroom, comfortable bed, but I am lying in the comfortable bed at midnight waiting for my room neighbors to end their conversation. The structure apparently didn't have much sound-deadening factored into construction.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room away from other occupied rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marsha D
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Went to a wedding in Chesapeake City. It was close and a lot less expensive thatn other places. Room was small but had EVERYTHING you needed, WIFI,breakfast,fridge,microwave,flat screen TV........Would definitely go back again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Beachnut55
Reviewed 21 July 2013

This is a great place to stay. The price was perfect and the rooms were very clean. The owner is on site and the general manager is very helpful. Our bathroom was recently renovated and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice surprise to find out they offered a light breakfast. I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Room 1 was huge and had a wonderful shower!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Relaxed326
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Renovated not too long ago, privately owned motel. We stayed in one of the regular rooms with a King-sized bed. Room size was ok, a bit small with a large bed. Small desk with no lamp, mid-sized refrigerator with a small microwave on top. Flat-screen mounted on the wall, but nothing to write home about. A/C unit in the ceiling which provided cool and heat. We liked the bathroom the best which was big, especially the walk-in shower (no tub) with plenty of new towels. There is a fairly good-sized closet, but no safe, iron or ironing board in the room. We found the room a little small, dark (because there is only one window), and a little musty smelling. However, the room seemed to have been recently renovated, so the bathroom, carpeting and bed all seemed fairly new and fresh!
Breakfast had a spread of cereals, pastries and breads, some fruit, good tasting coffee and tea - enough for a quick breakfast. The employees were great! We got to check-in early and paid upfront so just left the key and went on our way the next day.
The only "down-side" was the firehouse siren that went off from time to time during the day, but not at night. The traffic noise was ok (the motel sets back just a bit off the highway which was much better than others in the area), and was muffled by the solid door and curtain on the window.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LaoBlue
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I found this place while looking around on Google Maps for a motel near a meeting I had to attend. The reviews were pretty good so I thought I would give it a try. I called the number listed on their simple but nice website and was able to quickly make a reservation. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised to see that the place, though an older property, had been freshly renovated inside and out. I was shown my room, and again I was pleasantly surprised. The room was large, fresh and clean. On the wall was a nice flat-screen TV and they have premium cable service. The WiFi worked reasonably well and there was a new refrigerator and microwave oven in the room. If I ever need to stay in the Elkton area again, it will be at the Sutton Inn.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business