“Best night sleep in a long time!!!”

Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Elkton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Cozy and relaxing. Very kind and friendly staff. Breakfast served a variety of choices. Property had short walking path that was very nice as well.

Room Tip: Stayed in Lancaster room and enjoyed our stay.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2011

The Elk Forge B&B provided one of most pleasant and relaxing times we have had in a long time. The stafff could not have been nicer. They always greeted us with a smile and asked if there was anything they could do to make our stay better. When we arrived to check-in, we were told that they had upgraded us to a suite at a Great discount. The bedroom was huge with a king size bed with a nice size bathroom with shower / tub. The sitting room was also huge with a sofa, T V, a fireplace that really set the mood and really warmed up the whole suite. The best part of the sitting room was the jacuzzi tub with plenty of room for the two of us and I'm 6' 4". Getting up in the morning was well worth it with the great breakfast options that were provided. Everything from fresh fruit to Belgium Waffles. We had a great time and can't wait to go back !!!

Room Tip: All you have to do is ask !!!
1  Thank h2osurfer
Reviewed 30 March 2011

We picked this bed and breakfast because it was an offer on kgb deals - but would definitely go back even without a coupon. The rooms were very comfortable, the breakfast was good and there was alot to do within an hour of the B&B.

1  Thank btweluvrkids
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I bought a weekend getaway for my boyfriend's birthday and we were very happy. It is a beautiful place and the service was good and they always had a smile. I was prepared from reading reviews online about the continental breakfast instead of a more standard homecooked breakfast that is usually offered at most b&b's. I enjoyed it on the first morning we stayed and the second morning I enjoyed it a bit less. I understand that they did the best they could, but perhaps a bit more variety the next morning would be better. It was the same, waffle making station and then fruit, bread, bagel, cereal tray, etc. If you didn't feel like waffles the next morning again then the other things were more limited and taken that we arrived in the last hour of the breakfast (thought I didn't think too late as there were others arriving after us), most of the other options were almost gone, such as the fruit. I heard that they are doing a full kitchen, and I would like to come back after this has been completed to enjoy a full fledged breakfast.

All in all, I would recommend this place and would definitely come here again. It is beautiful and the rooms are lovely and comfortable. I stayed in the Brandywine room, which was perfect for our needs.

Reviewed 24 March 2011

There were three of us who decided we needed a little get-away. So we left the husbands home and traveled two hours to Elkton, MD. We were met with a lovely room, great service and genuinely nice people. Our breakfast was in a gorgeous room. It was so comfortable that we spent much time there just talking and relaxing. There were even newly hatched doves in a cage. The history of this home added much to its ambiance. I love old homes and the character they display. They will always have their imperfections, but this one was very well maintained and beautifully decorated.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Firstchester
Reviewed 21 March 2011

My husband and I enjoyed our stay very much. It was very clean. The furniture they've collected is beautiful. There are several different spots through the house to sit and relax - there is a lot of natural light and it is well-aired. The Inn Keeper was very friendly and interesting to speak with. The breakfast is continental, but there was everything you'd want in a continental breakfast, cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, waffles, hard-cooked eggs, fruit, etc. The coffee was very good! Lovely house - they've worked hard to make a peaceful, welcoming place to relax. One draw back for us was the property is bordered by a busy road, near an incline up which cars must accelerate. You may want to ask for a room on the other side of the road. If you stay here be sure to travel to North East, MD (a town) and eat at the Steak & Main. Fabulous food.

Reviewed 16 March 2011

Everything was exceptional. I would only have liked to have more interaction with the Inn Keepers, but otherwise, everything else was great. The bed seemed to be older and was not as comfortable as other places I have stayed, but this would not prevent me from staying there again. It was so peaceful and relaxing. My husband and I want to come back when the weather is not quite so cold so we can enjoy more of the outdoors. Can't wait to go back.