“Friendly Staff, NIce Decor”

Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa
Ranked #1 of 3 Elkton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2007

As we arrived, we walked up to the door and I reached to open it, but a member of the staff beat me to it. She welcomed us, gave us a tour of the place, and offered to help us with our baggage. The decor was beautiful, with antiques scattered througout the 18th century house. Our room was very nice; we had a whirlpool in our room; our room was clean, well decorated, and it seemed like a bargain given the price. We went downstairs for breakfast to find fresh food, helpful hosts (when I had trouble operating the coffee machine, they were over to help me within a minute) and a nice view of their property. I did not have any problems; as the staff was friendly, helpful, and available 24 hours a day. I would definitely return here and I would recommend it to anyone who is in the area!

Stayed: November 2003
2  Thank curbanow

Reviewed 2 October 2007

The first impression of the Inn driving up is aesthetically pleasing. The entrance into the Inn is not. The gift shop 'nook' is really two corners in a cluttered office that looked unkept. The rooms were clean and roomier than the photo's. I'm not sure the rooms were actually cleaned by housekeeping although we did get new towels. We were most disappointed that the breakfast set up started at 8am when most guests thought it was at 7am. Coffee was ready @ about 8:15. The service was not 'Bed and Breakfast' friendly at all. The people who set up the food (fresh fruits and selection was very good) acted as if you were in their way as opposed to being guests. Not recommended for value/service.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Guest07
Reviewed 16 May 2007

From UK - stayed for 3 nights whilst house hunting.
I was upgraded to suite with Sleigh bed (I was chuffed - wife not so in UK!!)
Very comfortable, and very useful to have internet access.
Only continental style breakfast though - standard food wise not quite as good as a superb B&B I stayed in at Chesapeake City.
Also bed not made one morning ? they forgot (hence the 4 not 5 rating). Otherwise I would go again and recommend.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Carolyn B
Reviewed 12 August 2005

I went to the Day Spa and had the Fantasy Facial. It's 90 mins for $120 and they do a facial on your face, hands and feet. They also massage your shoulders. It was quite relaxing and I would definately recommend it. I'm planning on getting a gift certificate for a friend.

• Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank Renossister
Derwood, MD
Reviewed 8 August 2005

An outline of my stay this past weekend. Arrived to no one at the house for greeting, called manager who checked me in by explaining some of her woes and pointing me to my room upstairs, she wasn't sure of where it was located, only mgr for 2 months & had no idea where rooms were?. Room, could have been very nice. However - I was able to write my name in dust on the end table, came across a dead moth on the floor, and found tiny fruit flies to be a problem near bedside lamp. That eve, wanted a tubsoak so bad, but water was brownish yellow, made my stomach turn. Mgr offered another bath in another room, which she had problems locating as well (clueless?)----found tub to be dirty & started to clean it myself, gave up on bath altogether. Next morning, went downstairs for a serve yourself breakfast, with cold coffee. If I wanted eggs & bacon it would be made for me. Had a wonderful message that afternoon, returned hungry at 3:30 and searched for the tea and desserts but none to be found. Next a.m. went to shower, praying for clean water, and it was clean, but subzero temps. Later found prob w/water heater. Mgr did offer everyone a late check out to shower(?). Breakfast was running late and overall everyone seemed a bit frazzled. Not a good place. A few nice gestures here and there, & many apologies to all guests for their various issues upon leaving. I can not stress how disappointed I was in this, especially after reading all the wonderful reviews. I only hope the owners read these reviews.

• Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 January 2005

We visited the Elk Forge Bed & Breakfast for three nights. The atmosphere of this B&B was amazing. It was very soothing and relaxing. The scenery was beautiful and the grounds were emaculate. The hosts were very knowledgable and helpful with informing us of various local sights and activities that would best suit both my wifes and I's interests. We left Elk Forge feeling more energized and refreshed than we had felt for years. This is a wonderful and great spot to visit time and again.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 5 January 2005

The Elk Forge Bed and Breakfast was really great! I truly felt a feeling of being at home when I was there. The staff was great, the rooms were very comfortable, clean and cozzy. We were in the Country Club suite, and it was very nice. It was the first time I actually felt like just staying at the Bed and Breakfast after driving all that way, I liked it so much I just didn't want to leave.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 4 in Chesapeake City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area

Been to Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa? Share your experiences!