We had a lovely 2-night stay. The property was beautiful inside and out. The room was clean. The bed and bedding were exceptionally comfortable. We had a whirlpool tub and cozy robes. There was not much room in the bedroom, but it was plenty for us.
The breakfast was very good the first morning, but on the 2nd morning (as noted by another guest), the young man, whoever he was, innkeeper? Owner? I don't know. But he showed up at 9:15am, muttered something about oversleeping and rushed about trying to throw breakfast together. It wasn't ready until almost 10, and we never did see anything hot. I think what finally came out was scarfed down immediately by some of the other guests that were also waiting with tapping foot. The homemade granola was wonderful, and a little healthier breakfast fare sure didn't hurt us when we spent 3 days sampling every good restaurant we could find in the area. The delay didn't throw us off too much, but some of the other guests obviously had plans and were growing steadily grumpier. We took a walk and enjoyed the outdoors. We were definitely ready to get our day started by the time breakfast arrived.
As much as we loved the walking trails and exploring the property, we also noticed that the landscaping hadn't had much TLC in quite some time. I'm sure the staff are very busy, but I found myself pulling a weed or 2 as I walked and wishing I could fix up the perennial beds just a little. It's pretty, but it could be amazing. One afternoon we took a nap in the hammock, and I loved it so much that I've promised myself I'll buy one before the month is out. All in all a wonderful stay at a beautiful property. I'd recommend it, and I'd consider staying there again if our travels lead us to Elkton anytime soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lovely Colonial Manor House with each room and suite individually decorated. Warm charm, relaxing setting, wonderful free breakfasts and a Day Spa on the property in case you would like a massage, facial or other spa services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Elk Forge B&B Inn, Retreat and Day Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elk Forge Bed And Breakfast Inn, Retreat And Day Spa
- Elk Forge b&b Inn, Retreat And Day Hotel Elkton