“A Very Comfortable Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in the area for a horse competition and many competitors and officials stayed at this location. The staff was very friendly no matter which shift it was. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was a little firm, even for me. Breakfast was good, with a decent selection and a little variety from day to day.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the elevator and were not disturbed. Our friends were on the street side and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. This is one of our favorite events. It is always great to see new guests and familiar faces. We hope to see you back again next year.

Tracy H

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our Stay and Room was very enjoyable! The Staff was amazing!! Management seemed to go "above and beyond." The staff was very accommodating and friendly!!

The Indoor Pool was perfect along with the Breakfast Spead and Display!!

The Rooms were very roomy and clean!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and to know that they enjoyed their time with us. We hope to see you again in your future travels.

Tracy H

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good and a variety of foods to choose from. When I asked for extra towels, sheets and blankets they were delivered immediately. We stayed in one of the double suites and it was plenty of room for the 5 of us.

The only problem I had was when I called the Elite Hotline for Elite guests to book the room with my points. The woman Aaron that I spoke to told me that I could not book with my points even though I had 84,000 plenty for at least a week of free nights. It was a very frustrating conversation especially after 8 hours of traveling with 3 small children. I did go on line and ended up booking the room with my points. After the service I received trying to book a room I doubt if I ever will use them again for my employees to stay at. I rather get points at another hotel where my business is appreciated. Its too bad because I do like the La Quinta Inns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the issues you experienced with the Elite Hotline. I will definately follow up with this as this service is there for your convenience not to complicate your travels. I do hope that you do not take this as a direct reflection of the service of our hotel and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was quiet, clean and perfect each day that I returned from the daily trail ride. The lobby was clean and bright each morning. With full breakfast ready and options such as bagels, fruit or yogurt available for those on the go. I rebooked for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

AWESOME!! We love to hear that we will be seeing you again and that you enjoyed your time here. If there is anything we can do for you between now and then please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We spent from Thursday to Sunday at La Quinta for a joint club dog show. The employees were friendly not only to us, but to our dogs as well. We didn't actually get to use the pool, but the breakfast buffet was great. The cleaning staff was wonderful and super friendly and helpful. We had a banquet Friday and I completely forgot about my crock pot until Sunday. One of the women working in the kitchen showed me where the sink was and I said that I'd get it when I finished my breakfast. Instead of leaving it there for me, she ran it through the dishwasher.
We've already told them we'll be staying at La Quintas more often. The puppies also appreciated the freezing cold AC. Thank you, La Quinta!

Room Tip: The suites are nice and big, but there are two beds, so they're great for families. Or a couple...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

It was a pleasure to meet so many wonderful people with this event and to visit with so many friendly puppies. I will share your kind words with our staff and with Alice who took care of your serviceware. Our staff truly tries to go above and beyond for each of our guests to assure that you have the best experience possible while spending time with us. We look forward to seeing all of you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

This property offered a comfortable stay conveniently located off Interstate 95. Cracker Barrel is next door and did a terrific job with takeout. It was a busy time for check-in so there was a little wait time. Our room was clean, spacious and comfortable. It had a small round table for dining which was a great bonus for dinner and breakfast. The hotel had a generous light breakast buffet with toasts, cereals, eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice. It is a pet-friendly property but not a ton of walking area for the dogs. Overall good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

It was a pleasure to serve you. It is a perk that we are right next door to the Cracker Barrel and many of our guests love the convenience as they offer dine in or take out. I am glad tht your enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Price was fantastic. Around $108 (with taxes included) per night. Staff was very friendly. Room furnishings were a little worn but served the purpose. I really liked the fact that you could open the windows for sleep with fresh air instead of AC.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am so glad that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again in your future travels.

La Quinta Inn and Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in North East

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!