“Happy dogs= happy dog Mom!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great all-round experience. Best place to stay in Elkton, MD/Newark DE area if you have dogs. Well worth the extra money. So clean,comfortable an.d quiet. We had a very good breakfast and really nice staff who went out of their way to make me and my big dogs feel welcome. I will highly recommend this LaQuinta to all of our dog friends, just as it was recommended to me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

It is something that our staff outwardly admits, "We love pets"! It is as I always say a great perk to meet wonderful people and a great way to start your day with puppy kisses. We are happy to hear that you really enjoyed your time here and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was esp nice mid range hotel, I liked it in almost every way. I esp liked the very simple check in and check out procedure. I had an AC problem which was not resolved. I felt that I was given a stupid response (We were told we could not adjust the temp. in the room due to the low temps outside which was about 40 degrees.) , we did not want the room That cool, desired about 68 degrees to sleep, we all kicked off the blankets and found the room stuffy. The parking was limited, not sure we could have parked a horse trailer there. This hotel was very clean, the food was adequate and well presented. Coffee was on late at night which was a nice touch. I always like seeing the dog-guests.

Room Tip: I asked for a room not too far from elevators, it was a good choice, we liked room 411. nice little...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. As we have all moved into the age of energy conservation/eco-friendly products and working to reduce our footprint we have upgraded some products generally used including our heating and cooling systems. These products allow our guest to regulate the temperature in their room utilizing a thermostat control. These units were installed earlier this year and after this matter was brought to our attention a technician was called out to inspect the units and assures they are working properly.
We take any report of an issue seriously and do our best to address it quickly and efficiently. We hope to see you again in your future travels.

A TripAdvisor Member
Bluffton, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The comfort of the hotel and the cleanliness made me relaxed and able to enjoy our stay. Having our pet with us and not having to pay additional made our stay even better. Getting up and starting our day with a continental breakfast made it easier and quicker to get back on the road and continue our trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We were in the area for a horse competition and many competitors and officials stayed at this location. The staff was very friendly no matter which shift it was. The rooms were clean and spacious. The bed was a little firm, even for me. Breakfast was good, with a decent selection and a little variety from day to day.

Room Tip: We had a room next to the elevator and were not disturbed. Our friends were on the street side and...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. This is one of our favorite events. It is always great to see new guests and familiar faces. We hope to see you back again next year.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Our Stay and Room was very enjoyable! The Staff was amazing!! Management seemed to go "above and beyond." The staff was very accommodating and friendly!!

The Indoor Pool was perfect along with the Breakfast Spead and Display!!

The Rooms were very roomy and clean!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and to know that they enjoyed their time with us. We hope to see you again in your future travels.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good and a variety of foods to choose from. When I asked for extra towels, sheets and blankets they were delivered immediately. We stayed in one of the double suites and it was plenty of room for the 5 of us.

The only problem I had was when I called the Elite Hotline for Elite guests to book the room with my points. The woman Aaron that I spoke to told me that I could not book with my points even though I had 84,000 plenty for at least a week of free nights. It was a very frustrating conversation especially after 8 hours of traveling with 3 small children. I did go on line and ended up booking the room with my points. After the service I received trying to book a room I doubt if I ever will use them again for my employees to stay at. I rather get points at another hotel where my business is appreciated. Its too bad because I do like the La Quinta Inns.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the issues you experienced with the Elite Hotline. I will definately follow up with this as this service is there for your convenience not to complicate your travels. I do hope that you do not take this as a direct reflection of the service of our hotel and hope to see you again.

Tracy Hardin

Reviewed 9 October 2013

The room was quiet, clean and perfect each day that I returned from the daily trail ride. The lobby was clean and bright each morning. With full breakfast ready and options such as bagels, fruit or yogurt available for those on the go. I rebooked for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

AWESOME!! We love to hear that we will be seeing you again and that you enjoyed your time here. If there is anything we can do for you between now and then please do not hesitate to give us a call.

Tracy Hardin
Elkton, MD

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#3 of 24 in Newark
Best Western North East Inn
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Embassy Suites Newark - Wilmington/South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!