“Great stay”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
A TripAdvisor Member
elkton
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Brought my daughter and four friends for a sleepover. The young lady at the front desk was pleasant and personable. She treated us like family. (I have to admit I didn't expect it as I had five thirteen year olds.) The young lady became extremely busy throughout the evening but still had time for everyone. Our room was spotless and comfotable. The pool area was also very clean. The morning breakfast was tasty! The girls enjoyed making waffles. A bus of baseball players had stayed the same night and the women in the kitchen area kept the food coming and the dining area clean.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience and for recognizing our staff. They do work very hard to assure that each of our guests receive the quality and comfort that they deserve. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I had a very bad experience at the La Quinta Hotel in Elkton, MD. My room had a terrible, foul odor and I developed severe congestion, sneezing, nasal discharge and coughing. I have stayed at hotels throughout the United States but have never had an experience like this before. I would not recommend this hotel and will never stay there again. This is the first negative review I have ever written.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I am very sorry to hear that you feel you may have had allergy issues while at our property. I do assure you that the products that we use are hypoallergenic and we have never received a report of such an experience as you can see by reading over our guest reviews. Upon your report of an issue we did take immediate action to change your room to one that you personally approved of. Our guests comfort is always very important to us. I do hope that you feel better soon and you would not view this as a reflection of our hotel.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Were on our way from DC to NY and stopped here for the night. Room was nice size, all in all was ok stay. Wifi existent but slow. Breakfast was a little lacking. Heard there was a pool but didn't try it myself.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I spent a weekend there in March. The room was very clean, the heater/air unit worked and we had a view of the highway. The room was very large and comfortable. There were outlets in multiple locations through the room so we all could charge our devices without unplugging each other.

The staff was friendly, and the housekeeping staff was thorough.

The location is right by the highway for swift access to Delaware or other locations.

There is a Cracker Barrel right across the parking lot. There is also a Waffle House and Golden Corral within walking distance.

No matter what time I went down for coffee it was hot and fresh. I plan a return trip in May and I am looking forward to it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. It was a pleasure to have you here and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Reviewed 8 April 2014

I stayed here with my 2 children and my nanny. We had a suite. It was large enough for the children not to be cramped. The indoor pool was nice. There were a lot of breakfast choices, so the children could eat. It was conveniently located for our purposes. The staff was very nice as well! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We are always glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you back again soon,

La Quinta Inn and Suite

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We recently stayed for 4 nights at the LaQuinta in Elkton, Delaware. We were happy with our stay except for a few minor things. 1. The toilet in our bathroom did not flush right, it was loud and ran for a long time. Kind of an issue when you have 6 people in a room and you are trying to be quiet. 2. The pool was only open until 9 and most hotels we stay at our 10pm. We are often adventuring during the day and like to swim in the evening, this just hindered us from doing this. 3. We were very appreciative of the fact that we were asked about having a pet or not. 2 of us have allergies and if we would have been in a pet room we would have had troubles. We stayed at a LQ the next night in Lancaster and were discouraged that pets were allowed everywhere in that hotel...though I will admit, we had not troubles. 4. We were taken care of on Sat and Sun by a gal named Evelyn at the front desk. She was is of great value to you. She was kind and very helpful. She also talked highly of your business and was anxious to do anything we needed. In fact when I mentioned that toilet to her, she even offered to move us to another room. 5.I also wondered about something that I have seen at many other hotels. We were planning on being there 4 nights. Some places have a way for you to not have your linens and towels to be changed everyday as it is "greener" We are "green" people and just wondered if you have ever considered this. 6. As I said, we stayed at a LQ the night after leaving your hotel. I will say that it is a much newer one and the beds and linens were so much nicer. All in all we have a good visit. And will use your facility again as we now have a rewards card.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We have had our maintenance staff address the issue with the toilet in this room. Also as the summer season is upon us our pool hours are listed 6am to 10pm. I am sorry if you felt the earlier time was an inconvenience. It is a policy that we ask all guests if they are traveling with pets to assure that guests are placed properly as we do understand that many travelers do have allergies. To resolve this we do have rooms that are pet free areas. Also we are a part of the "Green" movement always trying to reduce our footprints. We do use the same linen processes throughout all La Quinta hotels and this information is listed in each guest room. We are looking forward to some wonderful upgrades at our property this year and hope to see you back again soon.

Elkton, MD

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in North East

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!