La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Elkton Lodge(Elkton)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscracker barrelsofa bedking suitewafflesrecommend this hotelroom was cleanpet friendly hotelsausagevery nice staycoffee makernice breakfastindoor poolwould stay here againfront desk staffconvenient locationstaff was very friendlysitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great hotel, I would definitely stay here again. Very clean, comfortable suite. The continental breakfast is standard but it's right next door to a Cracker Barrell so that makes up for it. Close to Elkton's Main Street and pretty close to North East, Rising Sun and Havre DeGrace. The floors are nice but poorly insulated; I could hear everything going on in the room above me (Where I am pretty sure Hodor was staying and stomping around the room). Bring earplugs! Otherwise the bed and pillows were very nice. Overall the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, except for the guy who greeted us. He was not wearing a name tag. He was a middle-aged/older Indian man. This guy was on his cell phone on a personal call when I arrived, I stood facing him at the front desk and he did not aknowledge me at all. For 5 to 10 minutes he continued on his personal call without looking at me once; when he finally got off the phone he didn't greet me while checking me in nor bothered to smile once. Two days later I bumped into him again, said "Hello" and he completely ignored me again. If you bump into this guy, don't even bother with him; the rest of the staff is very nice, though.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I do promise in the future to put Hodor on the first floor, I didn't realize he is a fan of Zumba in the evenings and apologize for the disturbance. (Love your sense of humor) We do look forward to seeing you again in your future travels and the opportunity to share with you the level of service we truly believe in at the La Quinta in Elkton, MD.

Tracy H (Fellow Game of Thrones Fan)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Dryer was not working and I had to hang wet clothes all over my hotel room because guests services refused to all me to use the hotel maintenance dryer. my hotel door did not lock and I had to prop a chair against the door. I did not receive a text that my room was ready until after I checked in after 6PM so my son had to change his clothes in the car.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

I do hope that you would accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The company who services this equipment did their best to have the unforeseen issue with our dryer repaired as quickly as possible. Unfortunately the other laundry facilities are industrial machines and we cannot guarantee that they would not have caused damage to your items. There was no notation of an issue with the door lock but after reading your survey response inspection of this was done and we did not see an issue with the locking mechanism on the door. I will personally look into the issue you have noted with the room notification text as this is a new feature provided for the convenience of our guests. I hope that you will not take this as a reflection of the standard of our hotel, as you can tell from the experience of many travelers who have stayed with us our guests comfort and satisfaction does come #1.
We look forward to seeing you again in future travels and the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I choose to stay at LaQuinta hotels as they are always so accommodating to guests with pets. This property felt clean and well maintained and has a great staff. As this is the closest LaQuinta to Philadelphia, I will surely stay again and drive as there are no comparable properties in Philadelphia.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great value for the price, better than any in nearby Newark DE which are mostly overpriced. Hotel is clean, staff very friendly - will make sure your room is right. Outstanding housekeeping staff.
Above average breakfast, Keurig in lobby 24/7. Has overhang and automatic doors, always a plus.
Has windows that open a little, hard to find these days. Bed is very comfortable. Has kitchenette providing just enough for short to medium stay. Good internet, including wired. Have stayed here 4 times in last 2 months and love the location, easy to I-95, Elkton and Newark. Will return again.

Room Tip: Quieter on back side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

It is so exciting to have travelers that return multiple times throughout the year during their travels. They really become part of the La Quinta family☺ Thank you for sharing your experience, we'll see you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We usually stay at La Quintas because we travel with our dogs. However, we are so pleased with them, that we choose to stay at La Quintas whenever we travel. I wish there were more La Quintas up north. The rewards program is also very generous.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for sharing your experience with the world. It is always wonderful to hear our guest feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in your travels.