“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Mebane, United States
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Always a wonderful place to stay with my Leonberger. The staff is friendly, the rooms are spacious, the hallways are quiet, and there is plenty of opportunity to relax. And now my review is the requisite 200 characters long; I guess conciseness is a fault.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We always love to hear from our families traveling with fur-babies! Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Elkton, MD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
SOUTH SALEM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

As always this place is great. Always make you feel at home. Staff is great,rooms clean and modern. Will always here. location is good outside sparkles. could not ask for any better. Ready to answer all concerns with a polite greeting even late at night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
It is always wonderful to hear such great reviews from our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Had a nice two-day stay at the La Quinta in Elkton. Room was very clean and functional. The sitting area, which we hardly used, has a small kitchen, desk, and sleeper sofa. Nice but a bit dark. King size bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good for this sort of thing. Make your own waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, plenty of bagels, some fruit. Coffee was quite good. Only demerit I'd give them was that the room safe wasn't functional. It was locked when we arrived. When we asked if it could be unlocked, we were told they hadn't been working for sometime.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize for the inconvience but we are glad to report that the safes are opperational. We look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Elton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the best La Quinta ever. The executive suite was spacious and clean. The hotel staff was very accommodating and let us check in early so I could do a couple of hours of work with the free Wifi before a family event.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for selecting the La Quinta in Elkton, MD during your travels as your home away from home. I am glad that we were able to accommodate your needs and exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Bridgehampton, NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

On our way to North Caroline to visit family we stopped in the Elkton Maryland La Quinta. The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and a great value for the price. We have been staying at La Quinta for the last 10 years mainly in Midtown Mahattan and have had only one bad experience at the Aberdeen Maryland La Quinta. It was a rat hole and my wifes engagement ring and jewelery was stolen with no help from the manager.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. All of our staff really does go above and beyond for all of our guests to assure they receive the comfort and quality stay they expect when traveling. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Miami, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Great hotel, I would definitely stay here again. Very clean, comfortable suite. The continental breakfast is standard but it's right next door to a Cracker Barrell so that makes up for it. Close to Elkton's Main Street and pretty close to North East, Rising Sun and Havre DeGrace. The floors are nice but poorly insulated; I could hear everything going on in the room above me (Where I am pretty sure Hodor was staying and stomping around the room). Bring earplugs! Otherwise the bed and pillows were very nice. Overall the hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, except for the guy who greeted us. He was not wearing a name tag. He was a middle-aged/older Indian man. This guy was on his cell phone on a personal call when I arrived, I stood facing him at the front desk and he did not aknowledge me at all. For 5 to 10 minutes he continued on his personal call without looking at me once; when he finally got off the phone he didn't greet me while checking me in nor bothered to smile once. Two days later I bumped into him again, said "Hello" and he completely ignored me again. If you bump into this guy, don't even bother with him; the rest of the staff is very nice, though.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I do promise in the future to put Hodor on the first floor, I didn't realize he is a fan of Zumba in the evenings and apologize for the disturbance. (Love your sense of humor) We do look forward to seeing you again in your future travels and the opportunity to share with you the level of service we truly believe in at the La Quinta in Elkton, MD.

Tracy H (Fellow Game of Thrones Fan)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Dryer was not working and I had to hang wet clothes all over my hotel room because guests services refused to all me to use the hotel maintenance dryer. my hotel door did not lock and I had to prop a chair against the door. I did not receive a text that my room was ready until after I checked in after 6PM so my son had to change his clothes in the car.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vasu P, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
I do hope that you would accept my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The company who services this equipment did their best to have the unforeseen issue with our dryer repaired as quickly as possible. Unfortunately the other laundry facilities are industrial machines and we cannot guarantee that they would not have caused damage to your items. There was no notation of an issue with the door lock but after reading your survey response inspection of this was done and we did not see an issue with the locking mechanism on the door. I will personally look into the issue you have noted with the room notification text as this is a new feature provided for the convenience of our guests. I hope that you will not take this as a reflection of the standard of our hotel, as you can tell from the experience of many travelers who have stayed with us our guests comfort and satisfaction does come #1.
We look forward to seeing you again in future travels and the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Elkton, MD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#4 of 24 in Newark
Hilton Wilmington / Christiana
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton? Share your experiences!