“Nice location, Ok Ice, Friendly staff, but Tight Parking”
Review of Rita's Italian Ice

Rita's Italian Ice
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Elkton
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Stopped by here on the 1st day of Spring...for their annual FREE Water Ice day. I never realized how small their parking lot there is. It could not hold all the people who were stopping in for their free ice. People were parking along the highway and trying to squeeze into the lot. It was a mess.

What I do like about this location is that it is on a wooded lot with some benches set about. It is not like the rest of them...in outdoor strip malls. It's location is nice.

The ice itself is nothing special. I think it is OK. I usually don't go to Rita's very often...maybe once or twice throughout the summer. I usually go on the 1st day of Spring for the FREE ice. This way I get to try a new flavor and see if I like it. Sometimes they do have a flavor that surprises me. Last season it was the Swedish Fish flavor. This season the Starburst Strawberry was pretty good. I have had their custard & I think it is just OK.

Overall, ice is OK. Location is nice, but parking is tight. Staff here were VERY friendly and accommodating. I would visit this location again, but maybe not on the 1st day of Spring. For that outing, I would probably go to one of the strip malls with ample parking. But any other day...this one seems like one the nicest.

1  Thank daisyferret1