“Disgusting”

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
NJ
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 9 November 2009

My wife and I stayed here while she competed in a horse show at nearby Fairhill. Our room was nothing short of revolting. It's hard to call a $70 motel room a poor value, but when it's this bad there's no price cheap enough to justify the repulsiveness of the accommodations.

At no time did I dare allow my bare foot to touch the floor. The mattress was wrapped in plastic which I did eventually come to appreciate as necessary, although it made sleeping unpleasant. Speaking of bad sleeping conditions, this is a good time to mention the constant and thunderous din of I-95 traffic and the all-night roar of locals drag racing up and down Route 40. The only thing that made me eager to get in the room was the questionable looking individuals loitering in the parking lot.

I will say that the Days Inn is a good alternative to falling asleep at the wheel and dying in a fiery car crash, but otherwise would have a difficult time recommending it. If you can stay awake long enough to make it to the next exit, keep going.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Koby360

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
NY
Reviewed 5 April 2009

"We stopped here on our way down to SC from NY. I could see from the outside the motel was older and that worried me but once I went inside I was happy. I think it has been updated recently. The carpeting seemed newer and the beds had newer spreads and they were very comfortable with lots and lots of pillows. The bathroom was spotless and there were many amenities for you. It was quiet and I will not stay in a dirty room...this was very very clean. I liked it so much we stayed there on our way home and had a different room but just as nice.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nanvan_ny
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 November 2008

Went to Elkton on business and did not have a say on the hotel choice. The room was small and with a roommate can get crammed, but was ok. The bathroom is extremely tiny. I gave the neutral rating due to the fact that there was no true issues with the room itself. It is definately more like a truck stop hotel than anything else, however. Don't expect the breakfast to be good. Teeny, tiny bagels and sour milk for your cereal is about all there is to it. Luckily it is conveniently located by a Cracker Barrel.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lanie206
Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2008

On first inspection the hotel seemed not too bad. The room was relatively clean. Had a good night's sleep. Woke up in the morning and it was cold in Elkton. Looked forward to a nice warm bath. This was not to be. The water was luke warm at best. There is nothing worse than a cold bath to start a morning when you have been traveling and need a hot bath to soothe stiff, aching muscles. For this reason I would not stay there again.

• Disliked — Cold water bath!
  • Stayed February 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 17 July 2007

For a variety of reasons Elkton is a good place for me to stay overnight on my I-95 travels. I usually go with the nearby Hampton Inn, but lately it's been booked solid. So I tried this place. Definitely a step down, and it's no Ritz Carlton. On the other hand, it's certainly acceptable and moderately priced. Finicky travelers will not go for it, but if all you really need is clean and decent it should suit you.

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank Dugaru
Los Angeles
Reviewed 15 December 2003

I stayed here over Thanksgiving and it was very nice. Comfortable bed, large TV with lots of cable channels, temperature controlled heating and cooling, affable staff. We're definitely going to stay here again.

2 Thank pinkypinksand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Candlewood Suites Newark South
Comfort Inn and Suites
Comfort Inn and Suites
#4 of 24 in Newark

Been to Days Inn Elkton Newark Area? Share your experiences!