“Barely in business, hotel shows it”
Review of Knights Inn Elkton

Knights Inn Elkton
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Reviewed 31 May 2011

The staff is friendly except for the manager, who is so cheap he squeaks. The breakfast consisted of old Little Debbie Donut Gems on a paper plate on a counter in the lobby. The non smoking rooms wreak of menthol cigarettes, and the damn sheets had holes in them. When I complained I was told they could change out my sheets in the morning, that no one from housekeeping was around.

When I was checking out the manager was arguing with a guest about money in front of everyone else. The guest was right, was being taken advantage of and was complaining to the manager. That guy doesn't get it.

No wonder the parking lot is empty!

Room Tip: Check the sheets before agreeing to the room.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mysterytraveler56

Reviewed 24 August 2010

I stayed one night at the Knights Inn in Elkton, MD. It was easy to find off I-95. The outside of the hotel at night is not well lit, so it is a little scary. The man at the front desk let me see (and smell) the room before taking it. The non-smoking room didn't smell of smoke! (Hooray!) The bed was giant, and the air-conditioning made the room very cold (it was a bit difficult to regulate). The TV was good (got a lot of channels). The hotel was near several places to eat; a Waffle House and gas station are right across the parking lot. A Hampton Inn is next to the hotel, and a Motel 6 is across the street. The wi-fi was good. The big problem with the room was its thin walls. Even with the air-conditioner on, I could hear the television from the room next to mine, making it hard to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank ChemTeacherTraveller
Reviewed 18 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here and regret it. The rooms look average for the price but it's a complete charade. Don't expect any service once you sign for the room.

The staff will lie outright in order to sell you a room. Just after being told at check-in that the pool is "open and ready' [for use], we were informed it was closed. It wasn't even 9pm and they didn't bother to mention this when we were checking in. Similarly, the laundry service wasn't available: it would be nice to be informed of this when we asked about it at check-in rather than later.

The toilet leaks and when I told the clerk -who was busy sitting on the couch watching a gambling show- he wasn't even interested enough to stand up.

The front desk clerk sits and watches tv and every time I had a problem they seem to do 1: Call somebody else and speak in a foreign language for an extended period of time or 2: nothing at all. They didn't offer to move me to another room or bother to apologize for legitimate problems (like the leaking toilet).

While "continental breakfast" is a term that gets thrown around a lot, this takes the prize for worse ever. To these hotel operators it means they put 9 (yes, they said exactly 9) donuts out in the morning and they never replenish them.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nmspouses
Reviewed 17 November 2009

We paid $50.00 thru Priceline for this hotel and after booking I knew I had made a mistake!! Priceline basically said tough, have a nice night even though reviews on their own website speak about how horrible this hotel had the potential to be. I have used Priceline name your own price for years and not been disappointed until now. I have never had a hotel tell me I couldn't have a room with double beds unless I paid them an extra $10.00 cash. The room was remotely clean and didn't smell of hot vomit but the floor might have been more comfortable than the beds. The shower was again remotely clean, had hot water and decent pressure but the fixtures were falling off the wall. Continental breakfast is included......I kid you not it was 9 donut holes and 1 juice box.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Dunkenfluegels
Reviewed 26 September 2009

My husband and I stayed here 1 night on our way to Baltimore to save money. It wasn't even worth the $55 for the night. Carpet was horrible, the toliet was falling into the floor. The room smelled awful, there was trash behind the sofas and tables. I slept with my clothes on even though the only thing that looked clean was the sheets. If looking for a bargain nearby stay at the Motel 6, it can't be any worse.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Although the flowers planted in front were relatively pretty and the staff were not unfriendly....the rooms were DISGUSTING!!!! The floors were dirty and dingy and the excuse for carpeting was ripped in many places. There were bug casings in the corner...the room was very very smelly......bed spread had rips and stains in it and several bad patchwork sew job attemps. There was mold all around the refrigerator. The bathroom fixtures were disgusting and in need of repair.(rather, the faucet was literally falling out of the wall I should say). The bed was hard and lumpy and I kept getting a spring from the bed on my spine and bum. I was never more happy to leave a place in my life as we could barely handle it even one night.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 8 July 2007

I did not stay here, BUT, I called to get some information on the rooms pertaining to how our stay MIGHT be. I started by saying that we recently had a bad experience on a trip by not researching the hotels first. I wanted to know if there were any recently renovated rooms, how old the mattresses were, and were all rooms deap cleaned on a regular basis. The woman and the desk said I should talk to her Manager. The manager got on the phone and said that perhaps I should stay somewhere else if I had a bad experience in the past. I explained that my bad experience was not at this hotel, but I wanted to do my beforehand research. She told me that the carpet was a couple of years old, and mattresses 4-5 years old or so, but she didn 't want any problems after I checked in so maybe I should look elsewhere. I WAS SHOCKED! I definitely was not impressed and realized quickly that she was not too confident in her own hotel.

Stayed: July 2007