“I couldn't stay”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Elkton
Brewster, Massachusetts
“I couldn't stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This is absolutely the worst motel I have ever visited. The carpet was worn and grungie, the walls had stains of what appeared to be mold, and there was a strong odor of bleach or another cleanser. The bathroom floors buckled under my feet (I weigh 180). The "sketchie" characters running around the place caused me to fear for my vehicle or even my own safety. I left after staying only 4 hours. I booked this through the website of Wyndham Hotels and you can be assured the CEO of that company will be contacted. How a supposed reputable firm such as that can be associated with a place like this ?????? Maybe that reputable firm is not what I thought it was.

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Westfield
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were going to Elkton and made reservations on their online site. The sled dog race we were going to attend was cancelled on Thursday, so I called to cancel. I called the hotel itself and the person who answered was barely understandable and he told me to go to a web site Brand.com to cancel. Well brand.com is not any site to go to for cancellation. It is a weird site. I asked him twice about this site and even spelled it for him and he said yes.
End of this sad tale is cancellation is not possible when you book online!!!! I finally found this out when I called the 1-800 #.
So we paid for a two night stay that we didn't use!!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Dirty and very un safe to stay at. I have stayed at motels for the past 20 yrs. This one here has to be on top of the list for being the worst. Who leaves a toliet plunger in the bathroom. They checked me in with a micro and fridge, walked into the room and both were stolen from the night before. No on site cameras at all.You will be taking a high risk to stay here. I'm sorry , they did give me 5 dollars refund for not having a micro and fridge.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank patrick m
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Me and my fiancé stayed here and it was great rooms. Until this weekend we got there at 1am Friday night and the first room we went into the light was like a strobe light so he switched us to another room got into that one no fridge the guy said he will get me by morning so we went straight to bed well morning came an my fiancé opened the drawer there were 2 needles in there I called the guy back he switched us to another room again this time it's 2 queen beds and fridge n microwave so that night we try to go to sleep in one bed well box spring broken so we move to other bed plus all around room someone wrote 420 everywhere. Next day it was 11:30am the front desk calls n asks if we are checking out or staying I said checking out he's like check out is at 12 so I grabbed everything n went to front desk to check out he was waiting at door for me then have the nerve to ask me was everything good..

• Stayed August 2012
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2012

omg!!! Dirty horrible and gross... roach legs everywhere in the room please don't stay there never.... now we spend $200 in other hotel but its nice and extra clean.... I'm pregnant I cant stay in that dirty afraid room. Now wehave to booking famous hotels only dont matter how much will be; seriously...

Room Tip: Ask for see the room first...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nawsha
DC
Reviewed 16 April 2012

No fridge, no microwave, no radio clock, no hair blower, no iron, no shampoo. While walking, the wooden floor shakes (i'm only 165 lbs). The wall papers in the bathroom were flying. Internet is good. Continental breakfast? They left a box of Little Debbie Donut Gems on the counter. Yet it is not cheap. Costs $48/night (i.e. after 20% discount for booking 4 nights).

Even worse, people walk in the premises half-bare bodies. There were cops on one of the days we have stayed (April 13, 2012). When I was microwaving pizza in the lobbie, another tenant called: the frontdesk rep was saying "if you need the room to be vaccumed, you need to come and take the vaccum cleaner and do it yourself."

Looking at the kind of other tenants walking around, it looked like the place is used by the city to provide accommodation for homeless people.

Stay away this place. Wyndham should take this place out of their network.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank CoolTraveller2012
Belcamp
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I booked this hotel as a free night's stay through Wyndham Rewards for my son and his fiancee to celebrate their 4 year anniversary. What a mistake from the git go! During check-in, the desk clerk asked for a credit card for any incidental charges. The credit card was subsequently charged for the night's stay!! After verifying this through the bank, I made a phone call at midnight to try to get it recitified. I encountered a barely English speaking gentleman, who made a habit out of trying to talk over me. Subsequently this gentleman told me that he had voided the charge. A quick call to the bank this morning informed me that he had lied. Twelve hours later, we are out of town with no access to funds as they are tied up. I was told by my bank that a quick call from the hotel with an authorization code to release the funds would be all it takes to fix this "mistake". No manager on duty??? Not expected in until 2:30 !!! I have subsequently spoken to my bank, Wyndham Rewards and customer care for Knight's Inn. Apparently no one can help me except for the manager at this particular Knight's Inn, who appears to be on a hiatus. Customer Care told me that all Knight's Inns are independently owned. Big HINT to me to stay away from Knight's Inns completely!! BEWARE!! Also apparently they do not honor late check out even though they said it was ok? Four knocks on the door and two telephone calls from the front desk clerk and I was out of there 15 minutes after scheduled check out time, even after checking in at 11:30 p.m. the night prior!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MaryHaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
Hampton Inn Elkton
#2 of 8 in Elkton
Days Inn Elkton Newark Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Elkton - Newark S. - UD Area
Red Roof Inn & Suites Newark - University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark/Wilmington South

Been to Knights Inn Elkton? Share your experiences!