“Not bad”
Review of Portalli's

Portalli's
Reserve with OpenTable
Portalli's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 174 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: This is a new Italian restaurant that opened in the former Jordan's Steakhouse. I believe it's been open since December or so. I dined there last night and it was wonderful. This is a fine-dining restaurant.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Prices on the high side for what you get. It doesn't have to be shabby just because it is a bistro-type restaurant. It's a very dark restaurant--everything is painted in very dark brownish tones. The food was OK but not great. For the same amount of money (or less) you can eat in a much nicer restaurant and get food as good or better. I actually wish them well. The wait staff was excellent and eager to please. With the right mix of quality and price they could become a Main Street mainstay.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife and I went for Sunday brunch. The food was good with a nice selection. Wait staff was inexperienced - dishes left on the table, empty coffee cup etc. 2 other functional issues: 1.) our table wobbled (missing leveler on the base) so we moved to the next table and 2.) the chair my wife sat in was unstable. A bit concerning for what appeared to be a nice place.
SO good food, but the wait staff and physical items need some attention.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Our waiter/bartender was great with his service, but the kitchen idea of great food is missing. The fried oyster’s appetizer was poor, so they made another order but they still missed. The oysters were very small and some lack favor. We also order the appetizer of the day and it was also poor. Why does ham have to be in our seafood dishes? The main courses were better but the whole meal lacked value for our pricing. I do not think I will be back to your restaurant in the future as there are better values in Ellicott City.

1  Thank Ralph G
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Portalli's has a lovely ambiance, very good service, and a delicious selection of Italian specialties, as well as excellent steaks. It was a bit pricier than expected, but the overall experience was worth it!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Since it was so cold, we cancelled plans to dine downtown and went 'down the hill' to Portalli's to celebrate my birthday. We've always found their food to be well prepared and the atmosphere very relaxing. Although it was HC Restaurant Week, we opted to select off their regular menu and weren't disappointed. The bruschetta (w/o the beans) is always a great way to start followed by crisp, fresh Caesar salads. My husband enjoyed the Rockfish while I devoured the Veal Brasciole - both were delicious. We didn't have room for dessert but decided to take a piece of chocolate ganache cake home with us to enjoy later. Drew, our server, was very attentive but we realized he never told us the specials of the evening. We will definitely return.

1  Thank Shopper21043