“Cozy little bar area”

Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Overland Park, Kansas
“Cozy little bar area”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I didn't know what to expect when I found this restaurant nearby my hotel, but enjoyed it. The food I got was average, but the wine and bar scene was great.

Pros
As I mentioned above, the Chianti (I didn't get the name....) was very good, and the young lady bartending was very nice. There were several people seated at the bar and were all talking to each other; very refreshing in a day where most people have their nose in their phone all the time... The salad that came with my pasta was simple, but fresh.

Cons
I got the white clam pasta (angle hair) and it was average and I probably wouldn't order it again.

Overall
I wish I had ordered a small pizza. Every other patron ordered pizza, so clearly that is the emphasis here. For a Wednesday, the small bar was hopping; perhaps because of the good service by the bartender. I'll be back.

• Visited April 2014

Birmingham, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza. Great atmosphere.”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Food was delicious and service was good. This appears to be a popular neighborhood pizza place. Plenty of seating inside but also great patio seating if the weather allows.

Visited February 2014
Elkridge, MD
“Best pizza around our area”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We have eaten in and taken out. Pizza is great either way. They have a thin crust pizza with 3 different sauces, all good. Many topping choices as well. There is something about the coal fired ovens that makes the pizza especially tasty. It reminds me of the pizza I had in southern Italy, maybe that is why I like it so much.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, MD
“Best thin crust pizza in Columbia”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Pizza from Coal Fire is the BEST if you love thin crust pizza. It also is not overly covered with cheese so that you can actually taste the sauce, crust and cheese all together. We get the Margarita pizza and it is excellent. There aren't many places in Columbia you can get good pizza like this. I know that they have other things on the menu but, I can't get past the pizza!

• Visited February 2014
colorado
“worth a visit”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Great thin crust pizza from wood oven is a highlight. I also enjoyed the salad. Others raved about the pasta with clam sauce.

Visited February 2014