Brown's Motel - Rooms of the World
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ellicott City
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Quality Inn(Catonsville)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 May 2013 via mobile

This is by far the WORST MOTEL that I have ever visited. After driving for hours and arriving very late I pulled over hoping for a restful sleep and experienced the total opposite. Unfortunately, I was driving with a child and couldn't afford to continue looking. The clerk was friendly but that didn't make up for the awful conditions.
This place is old and outdated/ small, dirty, dingy rooms with an old television set that didn't work. Small outdated dingy bathrooms- wouldn't dare use the towels! Very cold room/ heat didn't work- very uncomfortable place.
The door didn't seem very secure- I called the front desk that night and several times that morning-- no answer. I had to get the handy man to go and wake the manager after waiting in the office over five minutes ringing the bell to no avail. This place should not be in business.

The place should be checked for Violations by the State. It appears to be something from the dark ages. I would never go near this place again and would advise all others to avoid if you do not wish to suffer.
V.T.

• Stayed: April 2013
12  Thank ccjo106
Reviewed 6 May 2013

it was close to the m3 festival. it was late and there was one room left. a room we were told hadnt been remodeled as the other ones. so for $62 a night, we figured, we needed showers and rest. anyway... visible mold. no clean towels. floor was giving way in one area. broken drawers. shower nozzle had low water pressure as if it hadnt been replaced in 25 yrs. piece of random material used as a makeshift curtain. burned out lightbulbs. so gross. housekeeping never showed.we are at comfort inn now and for about $20 more per night i am thrilled.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank zinger12345
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed here while traveling through on our bikes. The staff was friendly and the room decor was nice, but the room was a little dirty (old food in refrigerator, unemptied trash and some kind of straw on the floor). The toilet ran very slowly to the point where we thought it was broken, and since they only had one maintenance person for all of the hotel (who was busy helping out with other things) we never got it looked at while we stayed there.

There are not many accommodations in this area and this is by one of the cheapest deals you can get in the NE-Baltimore area cost-wise; just keep in mind you get what you pay for at this location.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Alexander Z
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I'm local to the area and this place has a bad reputation. However, I recently needed a room in my price range so I gave it a try. I paid $56 for one of the deluxe room, such as it was. It was small and a little run down but very clean and because my room was towards the back, it was quiet. I slept well and the water pressure in the shower was fine. The room could have used more than one lamp because it was quite dark. I wouldn't go there with kids because there is nothing to do except sit on the bed and watch tv. A state park is super close but you can't enjoy it from the motel because there are no balconies and windows are small.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the main road towards the back. The deluxe rooms are worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank bg68ec
Reviewed 22 March 2011

Budget price (must ask for and insist on it) best for one/two persons--no frills. Clean rooms, but arrive/call early for best results.
Nice check-in lady--works with customers.
Rooms have unique motiffs representing various world destinations.
Has front entrance room near bed with a cute table and chairs.
Downside: Air Conditoning/fan may not work. Basic showers--no tubs.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business