“Good spot for cheap favorites”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Kim Bob Na Ra

Kim Bob Na Ra
Ranked #125 of 168 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Cuisines: Asian, Korean
Irkutsk Oblast, Russia
“Good spot for cheap favorites”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Great for cheap favorites like kim bop, ramyeon, and dukpoki. The dining room is cramped like any kim bop joint, and the staff speaks all Korean. It's a great reminder of my time spent in Korea...learn how to say "please," "hello," and "goodbye" in Korean to make your visit more memorable.

Visited December 2013

“Good for lunch and take out more like a 3.5 Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2012

Kim Bob has improved over the past two year. It a no nonsense place, with efficient service.The menu could use more descriptions for us non Korean patrons who are just learning the cuisine. I ate in once and the meal was well presented with the collection of side dishes and a healthy portion of the entry. I mostly get take out which agin is a healthy portion and very well prepared.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CaptRobsPortsofCall
Frederick, MD
“It's okay but I've had better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was out shopping around and heading home via Rte 40 when I noticed the small sign of Kim Bob Na Ra in a strip plaza. I made a u-turn and headed inside. It was in the late afternoon and only two tables with Koreans eating their lunch.

I ordered the Bi Bimbap for my meal. While waiting, I was served green tea and four types of vegetables in individual small plates: Kim chee (not hot enough for me), diakon (love the crunch), one that I could not identify but was delicious, and an odd one: potato salad with peanuts (delicious).

My Bi bimbab was somewhat different than what I'm used to. It had most of the same ingredients (rice, beef, assorted vegetables, shitaki mushrooms, and a fried egg on top), however, this one was served cold. At other Korean restaurants (such as Hana's in Frederick, which unfortunately is no longer in business) the food is served in a piping hot stone bowl and the egg is still runny so that you can stir it in to the rice mixture to finish cooking. The egg that was on my dish was overcooked (topped with shredded seaweed). Still, it was a good meal and very filling. I'm sure this is just one version of many. Personally, I perfer the hot version.

The restaurant is quite small, sitting about 40 people. The place is very basic, almost a hole-in-the-wall, but that's the kind I like.

The woman that served me was very quiet but pleasant.

While the vegetables were very good, I was not thrilled with how they served the Bi bimbab. So, this is not a place I would return to unless I went with another main dish.

• Visited January 2012