“Our own backyard escape”

Patapsco Valley State Park
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Our own backyard escape”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I frequent this location just to get away to hike, relax, and to be a part of nature. I am a budding photographer and looking through the lens provides a glimpse of Heaven...This Park is gorgeous and offers much to many...hiking, biking, picnicking, reading, relaxing, photographing, fishing. So many marked trails; everything is here, a must see!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Sherman W

• Korean first
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great hiking”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Patapsco has great hiking and water activities. There is a great playground at the Hilton entrance. I hike there regularly with my family. Good picnicking areas as well.

1 Thank Gabriel Y
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Charges military family on memorial day”
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

It's one thing to charge per vehicle, but per person...for an active duty family...on memorial day? And not for camping, just for day-use picnic.

5 Thank Clayton D
Mountainair, New Mexico
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Fantasic Hiking at any Level”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I visited this park several times on a recent business trip to the area. Regardless of your level of fitness, there is a hiking trail in this wonderful park to suit you. We hiked several miles while there across a number of the established trails. The trails are all well maintained and very well marked with colored blazes. You can download a map of the variety of trails from the park website.

One of the park rangers was there on our first visit and he gave us a very nice history of the area. He setup near the restrooms adjacent to the swinging bridge with a variety of old photographs and pictures. I was surprised to learn that ocean going, square rigged ships actually sailed right up to a point within the park boundaries.

Whether your interests are picnicking, fishing, hiking, biking or just enjoying the outdoors, you can't go wrong on a visit to Patapsco.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank TSchenk
Baltimore, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Great for a day hike”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Patapsco State Park has miles of enjoyable hiking and mountain biking trails. I enjoy coming here all of the time. Many of the trails follow beautiful creeks or the Patapsco River. There's a lot of interesting history in the park too- an old mill and the Bloedes Dam. The only bad thing about this park is that it can be extremely crowded in nice weather, the mountain bikers often tear up the trails and don't always yield to walkers (one ran over my dog's paw!), park fee is excessive for a simple walk so I recommend parking away from the main entrance if possible.

Visited May 2014