“mother's day out”

The Spa at Turf Valley
Reviewed 13 July 2011

i have been to spas also out of the country as far away as paris and london, and have always found turf valley to be peaceful and relaxing. however, i do not usually go on the weekends in the busier seasons. i go twice a year for a facial and massage. i find the staff knowledgeable and friendly. i always leave with a skin care tip or two. i also love the fact that the only products used there are dermalogica. i leave feeling pampered and ready to go home to a house full of kids. my husband enjoys these days as well.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I enjoyed my day at the Spa at Turf Valley. Me and a friend had afternoon Mini Spa Day Packages.

Lunch- You can order whatever you like. There are no limits on the spa lunch (which I have experienced at other spas). The food was good. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Facilities- The lounge area is nice. It has a calming ambiance. They offer water, teas, and snacks while you utilize this area. The dressing room is shared with pool patrons, but spa guests have lockers that lock (key entry). I did not experience any noise, messy floors, or children. It may depend on the time of you treatments and the capacity of the resort on whether or not you experience what the other guest did. The rooms where you receive service are clean.

Staff- I found the staff to be extremely knowledgeable and skilled. I had Heather (swedish massage) and Theresa H. (Body treatment) and they were great. No complaints. The front desk workers were pleasant and very helpful.

I will go back to this spa. If you are looking for a good experience and relaxation, visit this spa. If you are looking for more of a boutique spa, you may want to go elsewhere.
Yes, it is not an

1  Thank LoVeS2TravelMD
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Yes, this isn't quite a premiere world spa, but we had a great time. If you are looking for something local and above average, I recommend Turf Valley. My sister & I went for the Marvelous Mini-day. We both had a 60-min Swedish massage and a 60-min body treatment, followed by lunch. The changing area is shared by the pool users, but we didn't see anyone else & there were no noise interruptions. After our services, we had lunch in the main area overlooking the golf course. The food was pretty good. I had the crab melt. :)

1 complaint - there are no signs at the resort to show you where the spa is when you drive in...you have to go in through the hotel. I had to ask the front desk to figure it out. Also, my sister's robe had a tear in it, but when she showed the receptionist she apologized & said it would be thrown out to get a new one.

1  Thank comom08
Reviewed 11 April 2005

I have been to spas all over the world, as far away as French Polynesia so I feel that I have a good base for what makes up a good spa, The Spa at Turf Valley does not have what it takes.

I went to The Spa at Turf Valley for my 35th birthday and it was a huge disappointment. From the way I was checked in, to the noise/cell phone use in the "quiet room", water and little children all over the changing room, this place was such a let down. It is marketed as the finest resort spa in Maryland and it is far from that. The worst part is that I sent a letter to the manager of the spa and the manager of the hotel 30 days ago and there has not even been a note in my mailbox to even say that they are sorry that my day was such a disappointment. I paid for their "day of rejuvenation" package (most expensive they have) and had one of the most awful birthdays days ever, I did not leave rejuvenated.

15  Thank cmenter