“Lots of Fun for the Toddler Set!”

Clark's Elioak Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: In addition to the many animals in our petting farm, we are home to many of the attractions from the Enchanted Forest. We have pony rides, hay wagon rides, a cow train ride, the petting farm, the Enchanted Forest attractions, additional play areas, and a picnic area. We also have a pumpkin patch in the Fall. We are open to the public April 1 through early November, Tuesday through Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM (last admission at 4 PM). We host school and group tours, birthday parties and group events also. On many weekends we have special activities and gem mining and geode cracking.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I took my son here for his 2nd birthday with his grandparents. It was great! Admission is $5, and you can pay additional $2/each for a cow train, hayride, and pony ride. There are farm animals that seem to really enjoy the kids (and the feed they are offering), trees with faces, storybook playhouses, and a pine tree maze. All of the attractions are old and low-tech, but the kids really love them. There was one gated area with a wide variety of push toys (cozy coupes, bubble mowers, etc). that the kids all LOVED! I wasn't so crazy about that area, as the toys were dirty and the kids were a little wild for my taste, but after all -- its for the kids. We spent about 2.5 hours, but could have spent about 2-3 hours longer. There were picnic areas available if you brought you own lunch, and they sold a small variety of snacks. One thing to note is that they restroom facilities are just port-o-potties, so make sure your kids use the restroom before you go. Overall, this was a really fun outing with a toddler, and I definitely plan to return!

Clark's F, Owner at Clark's Elioak Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2014

Thank you for your review of the farm. I'm so pleased your toddler enjoyed the visit. Many of the farm's attractions and rides are mainly for the little ones. We believe people of all ages enjoy the animals and the Enchanted Forest attractions, but the play areas, slides and rides are mostly for the children. We look forward to your return visit with us.

All reviews
"humpty dumpty"
"magical place"
"beef"

Reviewed 17 June 2014

They have the Enchanted Forest attractions from my childhood, nothing too technological. Barnyard animal petting zoo. Inexpensive for a family and the kids ages 2-5 LOVE it. Why spend to go to an overbuilt place when kids can come here for imaginative adventure

1  Thank 120,155

I appreciate your thoughtful comments about what we are trying to do at our farm. We take pride in being low tech and simple. I love your phrase "imaginative adventure." If that is the experience that people have when they visit us, we have done our job. We strive to be a fun, low-key place you can bring your children and grandchildren where they can run around and use their imaginations to have fun. We hope you visit again in 2015.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

After searching for a petting zoo, I found this place. It's very unique: part farm, part antiquated amusement park.

The price might seem a bit excessive but it's a good value and and easy way to entertain little ones.

The pony ride is short, but the attendants do a good job with smaller kids. Many of the animals (especially the emu) didn't seem particularly well taken care of. And many of the slides are very old and probably wouldn't cut it by today's safety standards. My daughter banged the back of her head on one of them after sliding off the bottom. Beware!

The amusements are largely off limits so that novelty ends quickly. The hay ride was short, but a good idea when you first arrive to get a lay of the land. Your kids will probably like the cow ride more. Parking is plentiful. Picnic areas are also, assuming they aren't being used for a birthday party.

Decent place for an outing.

Yes, we are a rather unusual mixture of petting farm and storybook park. When we had the opportunity to save and restore the Enchanted Forest we thought it was too important to pass up, so we jumped at the chance. We felt it was important to the people who wanted us to save the Enchanted Forest attractions to keep them as they were at the original site, so that is why we made as few modifications to them as possible. It does mean they are "antiquated" but also authentic. We strive continually to maintain a safe environment at the farm and will continue to monitor the rides and slides and other attractions to make sure they are safe. Thanks for letting us know about your experiences at the farm. Thank you so much for taking the time to comment our your visit. We hope you return to visit us in 2015.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My grandchildren (ages 3 to 6) love this attraction! They keep asking to go back there. The farm offers a petting zoo, "hay rides", "cow train", a short pony ride, an "Enchanted Forest" and other attractions. When my daughter was little, we used to take her to the old "Enchanted Forest" which was demolished when the land was replaced with a shopping center. How fortunate that many of these structures from the Enchanted Forest have been salvaged and are now at this farm. The grandchildren love to see (and sometimes go in) these fairy tale structures. Although many of the structures date back from years ago, the children are still so excited to see them. The prices are very reasonable and well worth the money. Although in the past, lunch could be
purchased there, they now only offer snacks and drinks, so bring a packed lunch. There are
plenty of places where they can sit down and eat their lunch. Porta- potties serve as bathroom facilities but there is a place for all to wash their hands (right next to the pony rides). Staff were friendly and helpful. One could spend more than 3 hours there depending upon the stamina of the children and the adults. A real gem for young children!

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your visit to our farm. I'm so pleased it is a favorite of your grandchildren. Saving the Enchanted Forest attractions has been an important part of our mission for the last decade. It means a lot to us that people who visited there in the past get a chance to see the attractions again and also share them with the next generations in their families.
Thanks for commenting on the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff. We certainly aim to provide excellent service every day, and it is nice when it is noticed. We also want to know when it is not up to par, since we all know we can always improve. We look forward to a return visit from you and your grandchildren in 2015.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We recently took our granddaughter to see this attraction. I wanted to see what was left of the
Enchanted Forest, since I went there as a child. It was exciting seeing the castle front , when
we pulled into the parking lot. I think overall this is a good value for the money. We enjoyed
the sights & animals. The added cost for the rides are very reasonable. My only complaint is
that some of the areas are not kid friendly. There is a lot of bare dirt, instead of mulch,
which would be softer & cleaner. There are uneven areas, where small ones could easily trip.
The toy pavilion should be cleared of broken toys & cleaned up. The uneven floor is a tripping hazard. I do appreciate this farm preserving a bit of history & sharing it with everyone.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments. I'm pleased your granddaughter enjoyed her visit and that you thought it was a reasonable value. Keeping up with the toy area is one of our hardest jobs. We clean the toys on a regular basis, but they get dirty again so quickly. Being an outdoor venue, it is so hard to keep dust and dirt off the toys. If we concrete more surfaces, we could keep the dust down and the footing more even, but then we move away from being a farm. The rubber mats are definitely more uneven for walking around, but they are a softer surface for the children to pay on. I appreciate your comments and use them as I revise and improve our daily maintenance plans for the farm. Thank you. We hope you plan to visit us again in 2015.