“Disappointed”

Maplewood, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

My husband loves BBQ and was disappointed by this place. The ribs were cooked well but the BBQ sauce could've been from the grocery store. The crab cake tasted good but was mushy inside. The crab mac and cheesy was runny and not so good either. The taco salad was really more like nachos and cheese with a sprinkling of lettuce. The flourless chocolate cake came out cold, like they had only stuck it in the microwave for a few seconds. They seemed pretty busy so maybe they were just rushed, but we wouldn't go back again.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Center Moriches, New York
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I dined here while on a short vacation to Columbia. We were seated promptly. Our server was attentive and very friendly. He gladly accommodated our requests for samples of different beers. When he didn't know the answer to a question about a menu item, one of the cooks came out to explain the dish in detail.

They had a special which was a full rack of ribs for less than the regular price of the half rack, so hubby, being a rib lover got that. He got applesauce and green beans as sides. The ribs were fall off the bone tender and had a savory, smokey flavor. Hubby prefers a sweeter sauce but overall he was happy with the dish. The green beans were a bit bland. They would have been much better sautéd with a bit of olive oil and garlic. Son had the steak sandwich. It was described as an open faced steak sandwich on garlic bread. We expected sliced steak. What a surprise we got when the dish arrived. It was a lovely, whole steak on top of nicely toasted garlic bread. He chose apple sauce and fries as his sides.

I was not terribly hungry so I ordered a cup of crab bisque and an appetizer portion of coconut shrimp. The bisque was very creamy and had a nice flavor. Shrimp were cooked nicely and came with a spicy sweet dipping sauce.

Prices were reasonable, service was attentive. We were very satisfied with the meal and service and would visit again when we're in the area.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank radiiochick
Columbia, Maryland
“Good beer, okay food”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

The microbrews here are better than average. The food is so-so. My crabcake and ribs were nothing special and weren't served hot. My green beans were barely cooked. The server could have been more attentive. They have live music some nights. My suggestion is to sit at the bar and try the microwbrews and listen to the music. You can pass on the food.

• Visited June 2013
Columbia, Maryland
“Good food, good price, good location”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Living in Columbia, we like to go here when we want some good ribs. It's toward the end of a strip mall and it's right off a main road (Rt. 40) and pretty easy to find. We went on Monday when a full rack of ribs is the special. The portion is large and includes 2 sides. We like to sit in the bar because they have booths and the restaurant has tables. The ribs are usually 22.00 but are 17.00 on Monday. They also have a nice happy hour buffet in the bar. Each day they have a special so call to find out what it is. Our waiter was very attentive but not overbearing. We went with another couple and everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food.

• Visited May 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“Just okay”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I happened to be visiting Maryland and upon seeing this place and remembering that my late grandfather worked there 30+ years ago, I decided to go. The food was decent but nothing special. The service was also lacking a bit as it took quite some time to be seated and have our orders taken despite the fact that it was relatively empty inside. I would consider returning but only because I see some positive reviews and perhaps I went on an "off" day.

• Visited June 2012