“Very nice surprise”

Alexandra's American Fusion
Reserve with OpenTable
Alexandra's American Fusion is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 170 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rt.40 & Turf Valley Road
Description: Alexandra's American Fusion and Chef Chris Vocci integrate inspiration from southern style flavors, a Caribbean and Creole palette, and Chesapeake Bay seafood staples to create a mouthwatering seasonal American Fusion menu. From the atrium-style restaurant to private and semi-private event rooms to outdoor dining on the patio (with a fantastic view of the golf course!), the perfect experience awaits you at Alexandra's. Don't miss the area's most popular Sunday Brunch and indulge in your favorite brunch and lunch items, along with unlimited Champagne, bloody marys, mimosas, and non-alcoholic beverages and live music. Meeting friends for a cocktail? Fairway Lounge, our upstairs bar, offers a wide selection of spirits, as well as craft, import, and domestic beers. Enjoy live music on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday evening - and maybe even the occasional bar magic trick.
“Very nice surprise”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Food excellent, the service the same. Enjoy ! Morning,lunch or dinner .Do not forget to bring your friends.

Visited December 2013

Ellicott City, Maryland
“Poor service”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I made the reservations on Open Table. I specifically noted that it was our 21st wedding anniversary. Not expecting any freebies, but a simple acknowledgement to surprise my husband. We arrived and as the hostess seated us, she said, "You were put at a high top (back of the restaurant), but I thought you'd like a regular table better." There were three other tables filled at the time. Well, gee...thanks for not seating us at a bar table. Weird.

The water fillers were very attentive--thank goodness because our female server was not.

We were given 2 pieces of bread and bland, unseasoned olive oil.

My husband ordered a beer and we each had iced teas. My tea was empty prior to the meals being delivered. It was never refilled. Server was not attentive AT ALL. She did a drive by about 3 minutes after food was delivered, saw the empty beer glass, asked husband if he wanted another drink, yet never even offered for more tea. I was chewing at the time, so I couldn't say anything.

Never saw her again until she came back and asked if we were finished. I had half of my shrimp and grits remaining. She took my plate and I thought, surely she is boxing it up since she didn't even ask "do you want it". Nope. We were shocked. HALF THE FOOD WAS THERE! It was our anniversary and for the price, we were expecting better service. We didn't want to make a big deal about it as to ruin our evening, but it really was bad. Then she came back and said, "Do you want to see dessert menus?" Uh, yeah. Does she have them with her? Nope. Off she goes to get them. We were put out by this point. Didn't offer us coffee or anything. We tried to sit and enjoy ourselves for a little bit, but after 10-15 minutes she came back and even took the signed credit card receipt, which I think is rude. It's like a push out the door. THEY WEREN'T BUSY. There were open tables so it wasn't as though they needed to turn over the tables.

We deliberately stayed local rather than taking our business into Baltimore as we usually do for our anniversary/special dinners. Well, I guess we'll go back to the tried and true success of those restaurants. So disappointing :-(

• Visited December 2013
abushtv, Manager at Alexandra's American Fusion, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Hi, Becky -

Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at Alexandra's. I did pass your comments along to the appropriate team members and your concerns have been addressed with the staff.

Please feel free to contact me at visitus@turfvalley.com if you have any other questions or concerns. We hope that you will join us again.

Andrea Bush
eCommerce Manager
Turf Valley / Alexandra's Restaurant
Southern Maryland
“Yummy, yummy, yummy!”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had a wonderful meal at Alexandra's on a Monday night too. My sister and husband had the crab cake small platter and I had the small filet...garlic mashed potatoes too. There really is not a whole lot to say but YUMMY! Our compliments to the chef.

• Visited October 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Beautiful View”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

A lovely view of the beautiful grounds at Turf Valley, beautifully decorated. The wait staff are pleasant and professional, however the restaurant is understaffed during my visits for breakfast and lunch service. Also noticed a understaffing problem on Saturday's perhaps that was due to a wedding going on and another event in an adjacent room off the main dining area during an afternoon visit.

Visited June 2013
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband & I had breakfast there. My omelet was excellent & the coffee was great. Our waiter was a little slow even though the restaurant was not busy. He poured our coffee & I had to wait five minutes for the cream. Then he forgot our toast.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tonihoney
abushtv, Manager at Alexandra's American Fusion, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Hi -

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and I appreciate your feedback about your service! We always want to keep improving and I'll certainly pass your comments on to the appropriate team members.

Please don't hesitate to contact us at visitus@turfvalley.com if you have any further questions or concerns, or if we can assist you in any way.

Andrea Bush